This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#33093 by JmPantalone
Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:17 pm
When I let my cordless anserwing machine pickup instead of ooma i get this echo. Dont know why...hopeing someone can help.
#33975 by KathrynTran
Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:22 pm
I am having the same issue. I just register the OOMA Telo last night. I have made 3 calls and my friends say that I am echoing when I am speaking. I am not sure if this unit is defected but planning to call OOMA tomorrow. I purchased a OOMA HUB for my mother and have not set it up yet but if this issue consist I am not sure I want to keep both systems. :cry:
#33995 by WayneDsr
Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:43 pm
Echo is sometimes caused by a sensitive headset on the phone. I am assuming here you are using a cordless phone, I could be wrong.
See if turning the volume of the phone down a bit or better yet, if you have an older corded phone disconnect the cordless phone and try the corded. If the echo stops it's your cordless phone.

The are other causes of echo, but this would be the easiest fix. Give it a try and let us know how it turns out.

Wayne