This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#32490 by arabldy
Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:58 pm
Hi,

I have an Ooma Hub setup, using it to power all phone jacks in my house. After about 5 minutes of talking with someone, the call is interrupted with the Ooma tone, and then the tones of dialing a phone number. What's weird about it, I can still hear the person I was speaking with in addition to whatever hijacked the line. If I hang up and try to call out again, I get a busy signal.

I only have one phone connected in the house.

Anyone have this problem? What's going on??

thx.
#32491 by daet
Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:04 pm
arabldy wrote:I have an Ooma Hub setup, using it to power all phone jacks in my house. After about 5 minutes of talking with someone, the call is interrupted with the Ooma tone, and then the tones of dialing a phone number. What's weird about it, I can still hear the person I was speaking with in addition to whatever hijacked the line. If I hang up and try to call out again, I get a busy signal.

Anyone have this problem? What's going on??

Have you disconnected your home telephone wiring from the telco? It is possible that you are providing one or more of your neighbors with an Ooma dial tone. Off course, this possibility doesn't sit with the fact that the "interruption" occurs every time you are approximately 5 minutes into a call.

How long have you had your hub setup?

DG
#32493 by WayneDsr
Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:14 pm
LEEWAY, IS THAT YOU???

(Inside joke :-) )

I would go out and disconnect the telco line from your house wiring at the telco box. This would prevent any backfeeding of phone line and any voltages that may be on the telco line.

Wayne