This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#46062 by southsound
Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:53 pm
bobcarrier wrote:Interesting replies to "Bobby B" who I assume is an employee is block. Support is non-responsive!
What is the problem with the blacklist? Why is your response not sent? Service will keep you in business!
Bob

If you are writing to Bobby B then you would do well to click the little envelope below his name on one of his many posts. To assume that his email name is Bobby B could possibly be your problem. Some companies have strict email name policies that mandate a particular format of first and last names. I would venture that ooma does not. Best way to contact him directly is by using the little envelope.
#61599 by mmontier
Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:51 pm
leinerd wrote:
mmontier wrote:OK, got mine working - here's how. Put it Cablemodem -> Ooma-> Router. Told Ooma that DHCP range was 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.2 (Basically forcing it to give my router the only IP address). Then I put that address in the DMZ. AFter that, just used the port forwarding on my router as usual. Worked w/out problems.

Do you have a hub or telo? Ooma support said it sometimes works on the hub and sometimes doesn't. Mine doesn't.

-- Dave

Update: It still works fine, but...... Anything behind it that I forward is VERY slow (My slingbox and webcam). Really wish I could just find a good solution for putting it behind the router. Has anybody done that?
#61602 by murphy
Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:37 pm
The hub or Telo work fine behind a router.
That is how mine is configured.
#61646 by murphy
Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:42 am
mmontier wrote:Which router and how do you do QOS with it so that calls don't get corrupted during large downloads?

Linksys WRT320N Wireless dual band gigabit router.
I configured the QOS in the router to give priority to the Ooma box.
Qos in the Ooma box is disabled.
#80793 by dxt55
Thu May 05, 2011 3:48 pm
leinerd wrote:I got a call from Ooma higher level tech support. He confirmed that DMZ doesn't work but said some people have been able to port forward. He said this has been a know issue for months and there is no timetable for fixing it.

Has anyone gotten port forwarding to their router working?

--Dave

The Ooma Hub has received a few "silent" updates since then. Does anyone know if the DMZ/port forwarding issue has been fixed in the latest Hub rev 44468?