This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#30606 by Adam
Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:04 pm
Howdy,

My provider (AT&T in Los Angeles, CA, USA) offers UP TO 3.0 Mbps down and 512 Kbps.

However when I download files, I am actually getting somewhere around 300KB/sec. I am unsure about uploading files...

Will these speeds work fine with the Ooma device in terms of call quality and no lag?

Thanks!
Adam
#30622 by daet
Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:13 am
Adam wrote:Howdy,

My provider (AT&T in Los Angeles, CA, USA) offers UP TO 3.0 Mbps down and 512 Kbps.

However when I download files, I am actually getting somewhere around 300KB/sec.

3.0 megabits per second (MBps) translates into approximately 375 kiloBytes/sec. So you are getting almost exactly what AT&T has said they'll provide.

Adam wrote:Will these speeds work fine with the Ooma device in terms of call quality and no lag?

Yes, it should work. Make sure that the jitter and quality of service are acceptable using the WhichVoIP.com Broadband Jitter Test.

DG