This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#33815 by fastlane01
Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:06 am
YAY! All is now working.

Telo Handset using Telo base can dial anything I've tried now!

Call quality seems good, but I am a little concerned about the distance it can go - much better now, though, that it can call any area code/number, etc.

Now I can't wait to get my other two Handsets working and try out the full system!
#34450 by pbetnah
Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:47 pm
Wish I could say the same about mine working. It's been a week and when I call support all they do is ask the same questions about speed, jitter, etc. which are all fine and promise to call back in 24-48 hours.
Anyone from ooma support listening? CS-20192
#34504 by fastlane01
Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:49 am
There is one other thing I did that may have helped - but I don't understand why.

When I could get to 800 numbers only and inbound worked I realized I did not have the AT&T Uverse Residential Gateway set to have the Ooma in the DMZ. In my network configuration I have the AT&T unit setup as going to the Ooma's modem port and then the rest of the network behind the Ooma's network port - basically making the Ooma the firewall and router.

I was waiting on support to address the ticket and made this change - I can't honestly say 100% that this isn't what really fixed the issue. At some point after making this change my wife told me she had called a number and it worked and she liked the new setup - so I just thought Ooma had solved it, but it may be the moving of the Ooma to essentially direct Internet access that did it.

Hope that helps - if you don't have the Ooma directly on the cable modem or DSL modem, maybe that will do it for you - just make sure you set the QoS to about 80% of your full speed average on upload - for example, if you have a 1.5MBPs uplink, set QoS to 1300 in the Ooma. Otherwise you will be unhappy with the Telo speed slowing down your network.