This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#30466 by fayfamily
Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:51 am
Hi,

I just got OOMA Saturday Oct 31st, I have a unique setup since I am using At&t DSL with a wireless router + modem together combo. The modem and router are the same box. I plug the ooma into the router and the phone into the ooma blah blah. I let it download for 30 min or so. Then I tried to make calls. It will call 1800 numbers and sound good, it can get calls and sound great. But when I try to call house phones or non 1800 numbers I can't get through.The ooma just goes silent. I don't hear a dial tone, and I can't hear a voice on the other line, but they can hear me. We called my wife's cell phone as well as other numbers. What's going on? I waited till Sunday to make more calls hoping that it would download more to fix the problem. But at the moment I got nothing. Will someone help please? :?:
#33569 by fastlane01
Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:03 pm
I have this exact same problem. I can't even call support from my Ooma line.

I just 'upgraded' from Hub to Telo and a Telo handset and before today all my calls worked well. Now I can't dial area codes but can call 800 and 866 numbers.

I can also recieve calls. Support is currently HORRIBLE. They refused to understand that you can keep the handset as a shared device and it should work as long as it is paired - utter waste of time to call.

Can SOMEONE please fix this? it is obviously a provisioning issue on the backend - I assume the system hasn't linked to the account right or someething. :cry:
#33576 by Groundhound
Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:34 pm
fastlane01 wrote:I have this exact same problem. I can't even call support from my Ooma line.

I just 'upgraded' from Hub to Telo and a Telo handset and before today all my calls worked well. Now I can't dial area codes but can call 800 and 866 numbers.

I can also recieve calls. Support is currently HORRIBLE. They refused to understand that you can keep the handset as a shared device and it should work as long as it is paired - utter waste of time to call.

Can SOMEONE please fix this? it is obviously a provisioning issue on the backend - I assume the system hasn't linked to the account right or someething. :cry:

Strange problem. 800 & 866 numbers work but no others including the 888-711-6662 number for support? If you connect a wired phone to the Telo the same thing happens? If so then clearly not a handset issue so to avoid confusion on the part of tech support I wouldn't even mention having the handset.
#33577 by fastlane01
Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:39 pm
Yes - also same issue with wired phone. And, after reading about another user who had a similar problem, I called my cell phone and realized the call connects but the speaker on the Telo side just goes dead but you can still be heard - truly strange.

I can't imagine this is a device issue - why would all incoming calls and some outgoing work but others have dead speaker? Really weird.
#33578 by Groundhound
Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:49 pm
Agree on it not being an issue with the device. That's why I wouldn't mention the handset when you do speak to support. With the new handset roll-out and all the install calls they are likely to be handling, if they hear the word "handset" some support techs may latch on to that and quit listening, at least that's what it sounded like in your first post.
#33602 by fastlane01
Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:01 am
I found out that I can dial 866-452-6662 and get to the support line. So at least I don't have to burn cell minutes anymore to call Ooma - I can use Ooma to call Ooma finally.

The problem is absolutely not being able to call pay numbers, so I will post if they fix it or whatever outcome I get.

Someone from Ooma watching this helping me out would be awfully nice, btw.
#33738 by pbetnah
Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:35 pm
I'm having the exact same problem. Didn't realize about being able to call 800 #'s and at least hear it ringing until reading your post.

In my case it's a new setup of an ooma Telo and works fine when someone calls in, but when calling out it doesn't sound like it's ringing the other line and the ooma line can't hear anything. The receiving line rings and can hear the caller on the ooma line fine though.

I have an open case with support as well, so we'll see how long it takes to get sorted out. This is not exactly what I was hoping for as my first impression of ooma.