This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#31267 by allo
Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:47 pm
stangale@pacbell.net wrote:It's been a week since the trouble ticket was opened.
I have received no help from OOMA.
Never a call or e-mail.
If you're reading this and thinking about getting OOMA - DON'T!

Now how many are having a problem, similar to yours?
It is very understandable to be frustrated.... but to make a blank statement like that, is way going overboard!
#31643 by stangale@pacbell.net
Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:32 am
"What's wrong with your phone? I keep calling and get nothing".
To say that hearing this repeatedly by people coming into my house infuriates me is a gross understatement.

It's been 12 days since the trouble ticket was opened and OOMA has never e-mailed nor called back.
Reps simply state that it's being handled by Level 2 support and that it takes 24-48 hours.
The days go by - nothing.....
On Friday October 31st, OOMA Rep. (John Wason) agreed to send a replacement Telo out as it was obvious to him that this one's faulty.
This was confirmed by another Rep (Bob Ong) who swore he'd personally make sure it went out right away and that an e-mail confirmation would be sent.

Nothing ever happened.

E-mail to Tech Support took many days to receive the following:

"Hello-

Please call us at 888-711-6662 so we can trouble shoot the issue with you.

Thanks

sioeli"

Yesterday's call to Tech Support came after yet another re-boot of the Telo became necessary (happening much too frequently).
After much time on hold, Ben Lim said he had no record of a replacement unit being sent.
The whole story of the trouble ticket (CS18628) was re-told. After another long wait, he reported it that it's being handled by Level 2 support and that it takes 24-48 hours.
I insisted being transferred to a supervisor.
"Cloud" came on the line and the whole conversation started all over again.
Her take on the situation was that I had to prove there's a problem. She wanted the numbers of the people who haven't heard the phone ringing.
Incredulous - I reminded her that OOMA tech support itself had verified the problem before promising a replacement unit. That wasn't good enough for her. She behaved as if I was making this up! I told her "How do you expect me to know who didn't hear a ring if they never got through? Was I ever told I needed to document the product's failure to this degree???"
She didn't give a rat's #$@*&^ about the dilemma at all.
Her Public Relations skills were beyond abysmal.
After almost an hour on the phone I ended up handing the call to my assistant to recount who'd she recalled couldn't get through.
What ended up happening is that numbers of failed calls were given and my assistant was told "it's being handled by Level 3 support and that it takes 24-48 hours."

These guys have wasted many hours of my time with no result. They've betrayed my confidence numerous times.
I've got $250 (Telo) $99 (Premier) $98 (2 handsets not out yet) + shipping/tax and am faced with unreliable and poor quality phone service, as well as unbelievably worthless tech support.

Worse - now my wife has unequivocally stated that we need to go back to conventional phone service, and is extremely upset with me and this "horrible experiment".
#32124 by stangale@pacbell.net
Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:24 pm
Still having received no communication from OOMA, I called Tech Support again yesterday morning.
After a lengthy reiteration of all the preceding circumstance, OOMA rep. Michael Trono said he really did understand the situation, and ensured be a Tier 3 Support person would call within 4 hours.
The call never came.
Today another attempt to get some help led to a Tech Support person named Hannah.
Another lengthy debriefing took place.
Afterward, she explained that there's lots of trouble tickets.
She was unable to offer any help or suggestions.
Another dead end.
It sucks to have an unreliable phone.
#32144 by LetterK
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:15 am
stangale@pacbell.net wrote:Still having received no communication from OOMA, I called Tech Support again yesterday morning.
After a lengthy reiteration of all the preceding circumstance, OOMA rep. Michael Trono said he really did understand the situation, and ensured be a Tier 3 Support person would call within 4 hours.
The call never came.
Today another attempt to get some help led to a Tech Support person named Hannah.
Another lengthy debriefing took place.
Afterward, she explained that there's lots of trouble tickets.
She was unable to offer any help or suggestions.
Another dead end.
It sucks to have an unreliable phone.

Again, PM a moderator here on the boards. I went through the same thing with the phone support. They promise to call back in 24-48 and don't. They promised to send out parts and don't. When I PM'ed Dennis through the boards here, within a day a level 2 customer support rep called me and eventually sent out a replacement scout.
#32152 by Bill D
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:23 am
LetterK,

You and I have been having the same Scout scratchy outbound quality problem and I saw here that you finally received a replacement Scout. Did it solve the scratchy problem?

Several folks on the forum believe this is an inherent design problem with all Scouts - So I'm eager to see If your replacement fixed the problem.

Bill
#32357 by stangale@pacbell.net
Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:02 pm
At LetterK's suggestion:

Hi Dennis,
(My brother's name is Dennis too!)
This is my sad thread:
"I hope OOMA doesn't destroy my business and marriage."
ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4203

"LetterK" suggested contacting a moderator about this lack of service.
I sent "Bobby" (another moderator) a similar note more than a week ago - but haven't heard back.

"LetterK" stated you helped him by getting Tech Support to respond.
I'd appreciate it very much if you can do the same for me.

Thank you,
#32706 by LetterK
Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:14 pm
I don't know if I'm stating the obvious. but are you including the text you sent to Dennis or did you think posting in the forum is the same as PM'ing Dennis?

If it is the later then click on this link and click on the link that says send Dennis an email.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=59

And yes, I can understand you frustration. I made sure to keep my regular number first and run dual setups to insure there were no major problems.
#32707 by LetterK
Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:17 pm
Bill D wrote:LetterK,

You and I have been having the same Scout scratchy outbound quality problem and I saw here that you finally received a replacement Scout. Did it solve the scratchy problem?

Several folks on the forum believe this is an inherent design problem with all Scouts - So I'm eager to see If your replacement fixed the problem.

Bill

I have it hooked up, but I still need my wife to call me at work when she is home. I'm hoping to be able to test it over the next few days. The main problem is to test the problem one of us needs to be home and the other away on a normal phone. It's too hard to judge the quality with a cell phone.
#32764 by Bill D
Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:25 pm
LetterK wrote:The main problem is to test the problem one of us needs to be home and the other away on a normal phone. It's too hard to judge the quality with a cell phone.

Yes, testing is a pain. I still have my landline (but not connected to Ooma) so that makes testing easier, but my test calls on the Scout between California and Florida seem worse and I don't know why. Maybe its due to Ooma's partner carriers. Another thing that makes testing a pain is that the Scout call quality varies call-to-call and also during a call. However, my Hub-calls nationwide continue to be always terrific, which is why I haven't returned it yet and I keep searching for a solution to the Scout problems.

I'm eager to hear about your testing results since my product return cut-off date at the retailer is approaching.

BTW - Ooma Customer support never called me even though they keep saying that my case is escalated and I'll get a call in 24-48 hours.

Bill
#32913 by LetterK
Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:18 am
Bill -

I had to return the first Ooma Hub/Scout combo because of the same issues, static and the return deadline. I did reorder one more time and the scout portion of the issue seems the same. The hub for the most part is terrific, but it does seem like I have some call quality issues at peak internet usage times.

I'm planning on testing the new scout today and following up over the next few days with a new surge protector that claims to have line filtering for the power and in necessary, the phone connection.