This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#30417 by southsound
Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:16 pm
WayneDsr wrote:Give her a back rub and a big hug, she'll be ok. Hopefully we can get the phone issues fixed as well!

Wayne

Great advice! Now we know for sure what the DSR stands for - Doctor of Successful Relationships! :cool:

I think you need a walnut brownie with some vanilla bean ice cream.
#30721 by stangale@pacbell.net
Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:22 pm
It's been a week since the trouble ticket was opened.
I have received no help from OOMA.
Never a call or e-mail.
My calls to customer supports have been futile because they're untrained.
I finally forced one rep (John Wason) to promise to send a new unit out as this one obviously doesn't work right at all.
(Now the voicemail won't pick up calls.)
But I'm told it takes 5 - 7 days to send another Telo out!!!!!!
I should have bought at Amazon.

Or better yet - I shouldn't have started with OOMA at all.

It's ruining my ability to communicate with my clients, and OOMA will not step up and help in an appropriate manner at all.

If you're reading this and thinking about getting OOMA - DON'T!
#30745 by focuspuller
Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:20 pm

It's ruining my ability to communicate with my clients.

If you read the TOS first you would have known you should not be an OOMA Customer in the first place!!!

"First, and most importantly, our product offers unlimited residential phone service. Period. No limit on minutes, no hidden fees, no “bait and switch”. Here’s the big “but” in the definition of unlimited. We designed this service as a home phone or residential system and have consistently promoted it this way. We do not want, and cannot afford, to have businesses begin to utilize the service consuming a huge volume of call traffic and driving our monthly call termination charges through the roof."
#30761 by stangale@pacbell.net
Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:31 pm
Fucuspuller,

We receive 15-20 calls a day, hardly huge volume!

But each of these calls is very important.

Anything which cuts across the communication between a business and it's clients is destructive.

If this was just a personal line - I certainly wouldn't want friends calling and not hearing a ring either....
#31174 by LetterK
Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:01 pm
Try PMing one of the moderators. There far quicker to respond with competent help. However, even with better support, don't expect the resolution to be quick. I'm still waiting for a replacement Scout that I level two tech promised to send me over two weeks ago. Good thing it is only the scout and not the whole unit.

UPDATE: My new Scout arrived on 10/6. Took a little while, but the tech support person was pretty good and giving me updates during the process.
Last edited by LetterK on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
#31181 by Groundhound
Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:26 pm
There must be something missing here. You went from this post on Oct. 31:
stangale@pacbell.net wrote:Wayne,

Yes the voicemail (envelope) button was red and your solution worked perfectly!

Why the heck didn't the "Professionals"at OOMA at least know this tidbit????

I'll have to test the other features but can't at the moment.

Wife is seething that the phone' an issue and that's it's taking so much time....

Thanks again Wayne!

To this post less than two days later:
stangale@pacbell.net wrote:It's been a week since the trouble ticket was opened.
I have received no help from OOMA.
Never a call or e-mail.
My calls to customer supports have been futile because they're untrained.
I finally forced one rep (John Wason) to promise to send a new unit out as this one obviously doesn't work right at all.
(Now the voicemail won't pick up calls.)
But I'm told it takes 5 - 7 days to send another Telo out!!!!!!
I should have bought at Amazon.

It's ruining my ability to communicate with my clients, and OOMA will not step up and help in an appropriate manner at all.

If you're reading this and thinking about getting OOMA - DON'T!

There's lots of folks here willing to help but none are clairvoyant. Some update of what the actual problem still is might get you closer to a resolution. I know it has something to do with VM pickup but a little more detail would be helpful.
#31238 by stangale@pacbell.net
Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:56 pm
The biggest issue is that if we're on the phone and a second caller calls - they don't hear a ring.
This problem was confirmed by a fellow in Tech support, but no actual troubleshooting was done.
No attempt to differentiate between hardware/software was initiated.
The trouble ticket that was opened on October 26th was never followed up on.

I have existing clients come in and state "I tried to call you but your phone isn't working."

But what about new prospective clients who never get to me because "Our phone doesn't work"!!!!!!

Echos and communication lag are other issues.

Any suggestions are appreciated!
#31258 by Groundhound
Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:04 pm
stangale@pacbell.net wrote:The biggest issue is that if we're on the phone and a second caller calls - they don't hear a ring.
This problem was confirmed by a fellow in Tech support, but no actual troubleshooting was done.
No attempt to differentiate between hardware/software was initiated.
The trouble ticket that was opened on October 26th was never followed up on.

I have existing clients come in and state "I tried to call you but your phone isn't working."

But what about new prospective clients who never get to me because "Our phone doesn't work"!!!!!!

Echos and communication lag are other issues.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

The main issue now then is when a second call is received the caller does not hear ringback, otherwise it's normal in that the other line button on the Telo flashes & you hear the call waiting tone, and if you catch the call before the caller hangs up you can then switch between the two calls?

Does it happen every time?

You've tried connecting your phone directly to the Telo and the problem still exists?

What kind of DSL modem do you have, does it have an integrated router?
#31262 by Quicksprj
Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:28 pm
My recommendation having both an older hub and scout and the new telo is return the telo and buy an older hub/scout. These units are bullet proof and far more reliable than the telo is as of right now. The telo has a lot of bugs that ooma is working hard to resolve and I'm confident ooma will get the telo working more consistently but if my business depended on it I would definitly go with the older hub.

Just my two cents worth.
#31263 by dsegel
Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:33 pm
My feeling is that VOIP in general is still an evolving technology. It's not as high quality or reliable as a land line, but it offers money saving and features that aren't available in a land line. It's up to you to determine if VOIP in general is good enough for your business, and whether Ooma in particular does what you want.

Personally, I'm willing to put up with some problems for the $50-60/month Ooma is saving me.