This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#29688 by lgregor13
Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:33 pm
I only have a couple people that I need to dial long distance. One location in particular is in a very small town in Iowa - calling to a landline serviced by Butler-Bremer Communications. I have been having trouble when calling them off and on but I've been dialing a 1 first. Sometime the line is really fuzzy - like a cell phone can get when in a bad area. Sometimes I call and it seems to ring but it never actually makes their phone ring. The latter happened again today so I tried to dial with out the 1 first. We connected right away and the line was clear for the whole 45 minute conversation!

Does dialing the 1 first when 10 digit dialing is enabled cause a bad connection? I guess I was dialing the 1 out of habit. I hope leaving off the 1 is a real solution because I was getting annoyed and having to use my cell phone minutes because of the connection issues.