This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#29626 by freshseeker
Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:15 pm
i've had ooma for a month or so with out too many problems. but every once and a while when i'm on the phone the other person will cut out for a few seconds at a time, and sometimes the call is dropped. when the person calls me back my phone doesn't ring and they go to my voicemail. also when this happens, my internet seems to be really slow...can't watch streaming tv. i usually can watch streams without buffering but when this happens its super slow. i have 1.5 (DL) mbps DSL.
#29637 by Groundhound
Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:02 pm
What you describe is consistent with an problem with your Internet connection. How is your Ooma Hub (Telo?) connected to your network, directly to your modem or behind a router? Run the test from this site and post the results from the Advanced tab when the test completes: http://www.whichvoip.com/voip/speed_test/ppspeed.html