This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#26937 by kengetz
Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:15 am
Hi, considering purchasing ooma. Checked my call quality with the following results. Can someone who understands such things comment on whether this is a possible working scenario? I live out in the country, and have a (very good) high-speed connection via fixed wireless (microwave). I generally get 2.5Mbps down, and about 2mpbs up.

VoIP test statistics
--------------------
Jitter: you --> server: 1.7 ms
Jitter: server --> you: 2.9 ms
Packet loss: you --> server: 0.0 %
Packet loss: server --> you: 0.0 %
Packet discards: 0.0 %
Packets out of order: 0.0 %
Estimated MOS score: 4.0

Speed test statistics
---------------------
Download speed: 2222520 bps
Upload speed: 1206984 bps
Download quality of service: 47 %
Upload quality of service: 70 %
Download test type: socket
Upload test type: socket
Maximum TCP delay: 189 ms
Average download pause: 6 ms
Minimum round trip time to server: 45 ms
Average round trip time to server: 48 ms
Estimated download bandwidth: 5280000bps
Route concurrency: 2.3756816
Download TCP forced idle: 0 %
Maximum route speed: 11650664bps

Thanks -- Ken
#26964 by ntoy
Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:11 am
Hello Ken,

We typically recommend a wired broadband connection such as cable,dsl, or fiber for consistent data flow.

With that said, we do have customers that are on satellite or other high speed wireless internet & it seems to work for the most part. Occasionally, they experience delays or some drops, but they make do given the fact that they have wireless internet.

My recommendation would be to try it out. Check with the retailer, most of them have a 30 day return policy.
#29345 by skypros
Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:36 pm
I have wi-max wireless internet..... my download and upload speeds are like yours....

For the most part my Ooma works GREAT..... it will sometimes dropout...but it is not all that bad.... It is really only bad when it drops out for 2-4 seconds at a time....

I am happy to have the Ooma system.... because it saves me $$$$$