This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#26309 by kittyqat
Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:34 pm
Starting yesterday our line is not receiving calls from a few phone#s. It is not a prefix or area code issue and there are no blocked or black lists setup. We need to be able to resolve this as it is our kids cell phone#s that are ringing fast busy and we cant get calls from them..

Thank you,

Kitty
#26311 by murphy
Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:41 pm
Fast busy on a cell phone usually means the the cell tower they are trying to connect to doesn't have any available frequencies. Can they call anywhere else, even each other, when this happens?
#26312 by kittyqat
Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:45 pm
Yes even my own cell phone does it but I can make calls to any other number .. Just not the ooma number.. the only cell phone that does seem to get thru that is in the same area code and prefix is currently in another state and roaming..
#26313 by kittyqat
Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:47 pm
btw the other problem is my landline from my house next door cant call the number either because we cant port our phone numbers so in our trial periods of trying ooma we have basic phone service and cant dial local long distance because we disconnected everything but the bare bones ringing phone in hopes the number could be ported soon. If this is a big problem then I might just have to rethink if I want to continue with ooma. which is unfortunate because besides the number porting problem and this current one we like ooma.
#26314 by kittyqat
Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:50 pm
Would it have anything to do with the number we have is actually a cell prefix? and a tower in that #s area is down? but then why would we be able to receive calls from other numbers not just this few phones.
#26316 by murphy
Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:08 pm
That sounds like a routing problem. If it's a cell prefix, the cell phone company is probably trying to connect as if it was a cell phone. That does not involve trying to go over the hard wired phone networks. Ask ooma to check with their partner that handles your number to verify that it is correct in the routing tables.
#26420 by niknak
Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:14 am
kittyqat wrote:Why would it stop working all of a sudden? its worked for 3 months?

something was changed in the CLEC's switch, a call to CS will correct it
#26489 by ntoy
Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:19 pm
Hello,

Have you tried contacting the cell provider to let them know that you are unable to call your Ooma number?

Also, you might want to have the other callers call their provider to complain as well including your neighbor.