This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#25151 by tkramer
Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:12 am
If I call (408) 354-xxxx from my mobile phone, everything sounds fine on both ends. If I call from my Ooma, the person on the other end says they have a hard time hearing me (sound cuts in and out, echos, etc). Everyone else I call else where says the quality is on par or better than my old landline.

They are on a standard land line.

Is there something I can do to help that one area since it's what I call the most? I'm calling from (847) 381-xxxx if that helps at all.
#25153 by hpepper
Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:16 am
The only thing I can suggest is to keep the log of calls (Day, time, number, duration) to or from that number and call Ooma CS with that information.

I don't think looking at your Internet performance numbers would help since your call quality is fine on calls to and from elsewhere.
#25185 by sclin
Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:26 am
I had the same problem call to (323) 727-XXXX from OOMA number (626) 280-XXXX. The number is also on a standard landline. I called OOMA support and got a case going with them. I have 5Mbps down and 1 Mbps up from a cable provider. I am very sure this is OOMA realted issue, because I used another Voip provide to call the same number from my home (same extact setup cable modem, router, ISP etc) and the same time period without audio break up issue. OOMA needs to trace the call and check with their Voip partners.
#25245 by tkramer
Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:43 pm
Thanks, I just pulled all my calls from out of my call log and emailed support. Hopefully there is something they can do. The location is close to their office (~20 miles away) so hopefully it's something they already know about.