This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#24862 by alsowoldguy
Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:54 pm
Well, it looks like things have taken a turn for the better. The wife reports good quality all day for the second day in a row.

I'm not 100% sure what the source of the problem was, though. There may be something related to the setup I did before the number port. Before the port, I had call forwarding setup so when people called our number to be ported (with the old VOIP provider) their call was routed to the temporary number and perhaps that forwarding caused an issue.

So it might be that - anyone think that could cause a problem? - or it could have been using the in-house wiring.

I'll update again in a week when we have more time on the current set up.

Thanks everyone - here's hoping!
#24893 by WayneDsr
Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:45 pm
I had the same issue when I forwarded my ooma hub to another ooma hub. When I did this I had horrible quality on the callers end. Removed the forwarding and it all cleared up. I never thought about that when I read your original post, but I guess that could have been your issue.
Glad you still have most of your hair left. :-)

Wayne