This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#17140 by whatshesaid
Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:30 am
Thanks for the encouragement, Aveamantium. SouthSound, am hoping you might have a "next step" suggestion for me based on the new scores I submitted after connecting directly to my modem?

FYI, I am also in the midst of Ooma-AT&T porting headaches. My port is now 2 weeks overdue, and combined with still trying to get everything connected in such a way that my call quality is sufficient, I'm starting to rethink matters. I'd like to feel confident that I have all my connections correct to give me the best call quality possible, then determine if continuing with Ooma and therefore the port is right for me.
#17141 by Aveamantium
Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:38 am
So is your only problem the echo (sorry, didn't go back and reread the entire thread)? If so I would try a different phone (I think this was suggested?) or turn down the volume. If this doesn't work then you'll likely need to contact support and go though what Southsound did.

If you have choppy voice then let's talk Qos...