This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#15976 by MikeekiM
Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:30 pm
Another drop this morning... But only a single one...

I wonder if I just have to live with the fact that free/cheap VOIP calling comes with a bit of instability...not much...but some...

In the many decades that I have had my landline, and I can't remember the last time I had a dropped call (or even if I have had a dropped call)...

Is that consistent with your experiences?
#15977 by murphy
Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:46 pm
I purchased ooma in January.
I have not had any dropped calls on ooma.
#15985 by dtalwar
Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:08 pm
I have had 2-3 dropped calls in about 5-6 weeks but in every single instance I was on hold waiting for a Comcast customer service representative ... so can't say if it was Ooma or a rude customer service representative or just the Comcast call routing system.
#15988 by MikeekiM
Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:36 pm
Thanks for sharing your dropped call experiences... Very helpful...

I am going to keep a log of dropped calls (date and time) to see if I can determine a pattern... So far the half dozen dropped calls on Thursday and the one drop today were all in the morning (around 8am Pacific).

I was on a call for 2 hours last night...not a single drop, and static free... I wonder if there are particular issues in the mornings pacific time... It is a pretty busy time of the day, with eastern already in mid-day and the west coast coming up to speed... I wonder if it's occasionally taxing the capacity of ooma...

I'll keep a more accurate log and see what happens... I am hoping that the drops so far are anomalies...

Update 8/17/2009
- Dropped call today at 10:46am (consistent with pacific time mornings)