This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#15317 by niknak
Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:40 pm
...you may want to try a cable modem from your ISP. It's possible that yours isn't configured correctly...

I agree with bw1, either that modem is not configured properly or there is a problem with it.

Can you do a full reset of the modem back to factory default?
Or test your network using a different modem?
#15319 by thbjr
Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:32 pm
I'll try reseting the modem if the problem continues. Since my last post, I gave OOMA support a call. The gal I spoke with seemed pretty certain it was a setup issue. In the OOMA setup/advanced the upstream was set to 386 and the downstrean to 0. She had me change the up to 85 and the down to 386. I then phoned her back and the call quality was certainly improved. She was in the Philippines. Only time will tell if the improvement was a one off, or if those settings were the issue to begin with.
Thanks for all the input.....
#15321 by niknak
Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:36 pm
Take things one step at a time. Test the new settings for a few days and if all is well that is great. If not then it's time to do more investigation
#15326 by WayneDsr
Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:52 pm
Especially since those horrible upload speedtests were done with no ooma hub or router in line.

Wayne