Recent call quality issues

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
bonz

Re: Recent call quality issues

Post by bonz » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:24 am

Terrible quality issues have peristed for a couple of months now. The person on the other end reports hearing hears echos, garbled sounds, or that I sound as if I'm in a tunnel. It's gotten so bad that after calls are initiated, we have to move each call over to my cell phone instead. :shock:

It would be great if I could make usable phone calls with my Ooma! To be sure, ooma calls tend to sound fine on my end. However, the other end has such a bad experience that we have to terminate the Ooma call to move me to my cell phone. :|

bonz

Post by bonz » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:27 am

I am reading about the East Coast Server. Am I on the East Coast Server? Will the persistent issues be cured if I am moved to the East Coast Server?

desi90210

Post by desi90210 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:33 pm

I am having lots of issues with the call quality too. Please move me to the East coast server!

Thank you!

domm

Post by domm » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:04 pm

So in the last few calls we are having an issue with a loud high pitched sound & immediately followed by a hangup. It happens well into the call, maybe 15 or 20 minutes in. The person on the other end does not hear the high pitched sound & at first doesn't even realize the connection has been lost. Has anyone else experienced this & if so did you have any luck fixing it? Thanks

sukalac

Post by sukalac » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:03 pm

I've been having a lot of issues with echo of my voice when making outbound calls. I don't know which server I'm attached to but maybe the east coast server might help?

Kamakzie

Post by Kamakzie » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:02 pm

My mother's phone line keeps having issues lately. Her account is registered to my email address on the forum here. Can you see if I'm connected to the East Coast server? If not can I be switched to that. Thank you.

bonz

Post by bonz » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:04 am

Does anybody monitor these posts? Has anyone recently posting gotten a reply? "Bueler? Bueler?" ;)

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:40 am

This is a user to user forum. It is not support from Ooma.
Ooma employees sometimes participate when they have time.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

bonz

Post by bonz » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:54 am

Thanks for the reply, Murphy. I appreciate the perspective, because I thought otherwise from seeing what looked like Ooma replies addressing quality issues above.

So really all we are doing is venting? There's really no expectation on Ooma's part that a posting here will alert them to quality issues they can address?

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:52 am

It might but it is not the primary method of contact. Call support or use the chat feature. Even there unless you can get escalated to a higher level you are talking to an outsourced service.

Compared to Verizon their fees are very low which means they don't have much money to allocate to support. For example a basic phone line from Verizon costs about $21.00 per month without any long distance capability, other than 800 calls, and 25 cents allocated to local calls.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx