This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#13481 by scottlindner
Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:06 pm
Aveamantium wrote:The only drawback to this scenario is if you don't have a phone plugged into the scout you can't access the instant second line. For me, that defeats the purpose of paying for the Premier Service.

I'm strugging with the same thing. I wish they planned to preserve the two line concept in the TELO. Even if it was in the hub.

Scott
#13504 by bw1
Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:07 am
They do as far as everything I've read. The instant second line will be able to be accessed from any Telo handset just like it can be accessed from any connected scout (with a connected phone) now.
#13587 by WayneDsr
Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:46 pm
You plug your own phone into the telo hub and the telo phone is the second line phone.
If you look close at the hub picture you can see a 1 2 at the top.

I could be wrong, but that's the way it looks to me.

Wayne
#13591 by scottlindner
Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:46 pm
WayneDsr wrote:You plug your own phone into the telo hub and the telo phone is the second line phone.
If you look close at the hub picture you can see a 1 2 at the top.

I could be wrong, but that's the way it looks to me.

Wayne

What picture are you referring to? If the Hub provides both lines, that would be awesome. It would take care of all of the Scout issues that seem to happen.

Scott
#13595 by WayneDsr
Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:33 pm
Well, actually, the hub provides only one line like the present one. You would still have to answer the second line either by flashing over or picking up the telo phone. Not sure how the telo phone would handle line one and line two, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I did a google search for telo images and found one with a good view of the front of the telo. Now to find a good view of the phone.

Wayne
#13605 by scottlindner
Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:37 am
That is what I thought.

It isn't what I and the other person were talking about. We felt not having two physical lines to plug standard phones into was a loss compared to the current hardware.

Scott
#13613 by bw1
Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:34 am
You're correct, it doesn't look like you would be able to have 2 lines as you can now - one connected to a hub and the other connected to a scout.