This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#12485 by joon82
Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:56 pm
Only had ooma for 3 days now.
I've been getting drop calls. After drop call it wont work again until I reset the hub.
Is this normal for cable users?
I'm using charter cable 10m/1m
#12486 by WayneDsr
Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:34 pm
Dropping calls is not normal for any connection.
If you could go to http://www.whichvoip.com/voip/speed_test/ppspeed.html
and run a voip test and post the results here, it will help us all analyze your connection.

In the meantime, is your router wireless and are you using a cordless phone? Sometimes older cordless phones interfer with wireless routers.

Is your internet dropping out as well as the ooma hub, or is it just the ooma hub?

Are you connected as:
modem-->ooma hub-->router
OR
modem-->router--> ooma hub and pc's

I think that's enough for now.

Wayne
#12490 by joon82
Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:41 pm
Its just ooma hub dropping. I'm using D link wireless router and wireless phones.
#12491 by WayneDsr
Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:50 pm
Do you have a non wireless phone that you can connect for a test? Unplug the wireless phones, (power also) and use the wired phone only.

We've had numerous issues with wireless phones and wireless routers in the forums.

Wayne
#13025 by in2dadark
Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:22 pm
WayneDsr wrote:Dropping calls is not normal for any connection.
and run a voip test and post the results here, it will help us all analyze your connection.

In the meantime, is your router wireless and are you using a cordless phone? Sometimes older cordless phones interfer with wireless routers.

Is your internet dropping out as well as the ooma hub, or is it just the ooma hub?

Are you connected as:
OR

Wayne

I tried that test and my quality of service was 57% the first time and went down to 27% the second. The I got reading of 37 and 46 or so... What's up with that..? The rest of the readings are all in the green. Is there an adjustment I can make on my end?
#13027 by in2dadark
Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:25 pm
in2dadark wrote:
WayneDsr wrote:Dropping calls is not normal for any connection.

Are you connected as:
OR

Wayne

I tried that test and my quality of service was 57% the first time and went down to 27% the second. The I got reading of 37 and 46 or so... What's up with that..? The rest of the readings are all in the green. Is there an adjustment I can make on my end?

I just tried it again and it went up to 87%..
#13029 by scottlindner
Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:02 pm
Are you running AV software? Are you running DD-WRT on your router with the QoS functions enabled? I ask because both of those have caused me to experience the very same sporadic test results on that test site.
#13100 by in2dadark
Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:58 pm
scottlindner wrote:Are you running AV software? Are you running DD-WRT on your router with the QoS functions enabled? I ask because both of those have caused me to experience the very same sporadic test results on that test site.

I've got no idea what you just said..:0)
#13101 by scottlindner
Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:08 pm
in2dadark wrote:
scottlindner wrote:Are you running AV software? Are you running DD-WRT on your router with the QoS functions enabled? I ask because both of those have caused me to experience the very same sporadic test results on that test site.

ROFL! That is funny. Sorry about that. Let me translate into human speak. :)

Are you running Anti Virus software?

The rest you'd know the answer to if you were so I won't bother translating unless you are curious.

Scott
#13157 by in2dadark
Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:04 pm
scottlindner wrote:
in2dadark wrote:

ROFL! That is funny. Sorry about that. Let me translate into human speak. :)

Are you running Anti Virus software?

The rest you'd know the answer to if you were so I won't bother translating unless you are curious.

Scott

Yea, I'm curious..? And I'm running Avast antivirus.. I like it alot..