This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#65946 by Oatmeal
Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:16 pm
lohertz wrote:Generally, depending on your location (residential v business area) there can be huge swings in server response times.

The response times seem to be quite long and that could be a factor attributing to the echo.

And Butch hit it right on the head, its that last mile that determines how well you communicate to the tier 2 provider.

Have you adjusted any other settings in your router MTU connection types etc?

Try this tool from DSLreports and it can help improve your connections and may solve your problems.

http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks

Maybe I'm missing something here, but the dslreports java tools will make suggestions for you Windoze machine tcp/ip stack. That won't help the echo problem on the Ooma...
#65950 by scottlindner
Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:50 pm
Oatmeal wrote:
lohertz wrote:Generally, depending on your location (residential v business area) there can be huge swings in server response times.

The response times seem to be quite long and that could be a factor attributing to the echo.

And Butch hit it right on the head, its that last mile that determines how well you communicate to the tier 2 provider.

Have you adjusted any other settings in your router MTU connection types etc?

Try this tool from DSLreports and it can help improve your connections and may solve your problems.

http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks

Maybe I'm missing something here, but the dslreports java tools will make suggestions for you Windoze machine tcp/ip stack. That won't help the echo problem on the Ooma...

I agree, and further consider that software running on your desktop can severely affect the results of those tests. For starters, most AV programs really whack the results.

I highly doubt MTU is going to affect Ooma. MTU is generally a big deal with large file transfers or large video streams.