This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#10367 by robertwallace
Wed May 27, 2009 4:28 pm
It seems that my outgoing audio volume is much lower on ooma that it is on my still-available landline. I've checked messages I've left for myself at work and, while the quality sounds OK, the volume is very low. I've also had complaints from those I've called that it's very hard to hear me.

I use the same portable phone for both ooma and the landline and the handset volume control is maxed out.

Is there any way to adjust the volume of an ooma call?

Thanks,
Robert
#11777 by ButcherChop
Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:58 am
i just installed my Ooma and im getting the same thing. I work for AT&T as a Uverse install tech and Im trying to figure this out. My ATT uverse VOIP sounds a big clearer and not as muffled when hearing those on the other end. Even called MACY's automated system at the same time with both lines and the ATT line was superior, on similar Panasonic 6.0 DECT phones. Brought my sister in cuz maybe it was just me and didnt tell her what phone was connected to what, and she said the Uverse VOIP sounded much clearer. :(

Hope i can fix it, i want to cancel my ATT VOIP.
#15197 by o6richter
Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:01 pm
Just a general comment - I called a professional I work with who runs a mixing board for a concert hall -- he said my sound quality was fine except I had a bass roll off and if the low frequency component was boosted it would be just the same as my POTS line.

I think it has something to do with ooma's standard vocoder - perhaps giving us a choice of vocoders would help like *99 for fax, *98 for g.711, etc so those who have ample bandwidth can get superior call quality.

In reality there is no reason that digitizing your voice at home instead of 10,000 feet down the wire at the phone co central office should be worse. Sure there may be 50 ms of delay due to packet switching but quality wise we should be able to eliminate the rolloff caused by the wire used in the local loop that serves our house by running voip
#33382 by jttpost
Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:04 pm
KevinDoman wrote:I just installed Ooma over the weekend and experienced the same issue. Callers on the other end complained that my volume is too low. I hope some one can help us.

Hi all,

I recently installed and seem to have the same issue.
Many of the people that I'm calling say the volume is low.

My setup is Cable modem -> Ooma -> Router -> PC

Were any of you able to find resolutions?
Any ideas on what I should experiment with?

Thanks for any info,
jttpost