This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#111417 by thunderbird
Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:55 am
Advanced DECT Ooma Telo, 3 HD2 Handsets and 1 Linx device connected:
Saturday when selecting Phonebook with an older model HD2 handset, the screen just said Please Wait. I was able to punch different buttons and the HD2 handset started working again without a reboot.

Early Sunday morning trying another different later model HD2 handset, there was a message on the screen No Mgmt. Trying another HD2 handset, it was okay. Went back to the first HD2 handset and had to reboot it to get the No Mgmt message cleared and HD2 handset back in working order.

It's almost like the "keep alive" circuit is not functioning properly. (If there is a keep alive circuit from/to the Ooma Telo to the HD2 handsets. If there isn't there should be.)
#111443 by thunderbird
Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Again Monday night when selecting Phonebook with an older model HD2 handset, the screen just said Please Wait. I was able to punch different buttons and the HD2 handset started working again without a reboot.
#111500 by thunderbird
Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:20 pm
Tonight phone rang, tried to answer call with an older model HD2 handset, the older model HD2 handset didn't ring, and after picking up the HD2 handset, the screen just said Please Wait.
Had to reboot the HD2 Handset to put it back into service.
(Was able to answer the call using Panisonic handset.)
#111526 by Tuan
Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:29 pm
I found out the hard way that Dect devices (HD2 handset and linx) don't work well. The fxs port, however, is very reliable.
#111539 by Evanol
Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:44 pm
The design of the selector ring on the handset is a lot smaller than it needs to be, I have a pretty normal size thumb and I have to get my nail on it to select. Why is it like this? Poor design.
#111543 by thunderbird
Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:16 am
Slot 3 older HD2 handset didn't ring this morning. The 2 other HD2 handset did ring. (The screen did show that there was an inbound call).

After reboot of older HD2 handset, the older HD2 handset still didn't ring. Installed another later model HD2 handset in slot 3, and it didn't ring either. After a reboot of the Advanced DECT Ooma Telo, the later model Slot 3 HD2 handset also rang.
#111746 by thunderbird
Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:33 am
Still having HD2 handsets that don't ring. Also they will say Searching when trying to dial out.

Panasonic handsets work every time.

Unregistered the Linx and registered another HD2 handset.

Swaped Slot 1 & Slot 3 handsets. Problem still there.
#112412 by phoenixtommy
Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:57 am
I have one HD2 so I don't have the original problem. I've tried to use it but it is too difficult. The navigation button is very difficult to work.

All in all, I wasted $60. I should have returned it when I could have.
#112420 by thunderbird
Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:53 pm
phoenixtommy wrote:I have one HD2 so I don't have the original problem. I've tried to use it but it is too difficult. The navigation button is very difficult to work.

All in all, I wasted $60. I should have returned it when I could have.

Ooma has recently made some gains in this area. Contact Ooma Customer Support, ask for third level support and have them Push a later advanced version of the Ooma Telo Firmware, out to your Ooma Telo, to see if it makes any difference.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Hours: Weekdays 7am-7pm PT, Weekends 8am-5pm PT
#112727 by HD2regret
Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:41 am
This is definitely a known issue with having more than 3 HD2 handsets on an older Telo, although Ooma has not come right out to say it. Ooma made an enhancement to the Telo adding an Advanced DECT chipset and supporting 4 HD2s should work fine. If you have the older Telo, you’re SOL. If Ooma has customers making large investments in HD2 handsets (they ain’t cheap), they should give you the option to swap out your older Telo for free or a nominal charge to make sure their products work as well as they can.

This would cut down on the number of support calls, irate customers, and returned units. I spent many hours on the phone with Ooma level 3 support trying to get my 3 HD2s to work. I eventually returned them all. Later I learned about the chipset change. The HD2 is promising, I do not believe that Ooma is handling the issue as well as can be.