This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#111250 by jonjonbear
Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:39 am
Hello all,
Wanted to see if anyone else has this issue. I gave my mom all my original handsets and bought three new HD2 handsets. I am having constant issues of one or even all of them going offline. I'll be sitting in one room and hear a phone ring somewhere else. Pick up the nearest Ooma handset and it's DEAD! Every one of them has done it and sometimes ALL of them. The hard wired phones never fail but these things are terrible. Only way to bring them back is to restart them, and once I had to not only restart them but had to reboot the telo..
Hoping someone has found a resolution to this..I am really getting tired of dashing across the house to a hard wired phone.
PS, my mom's original ones do this too but very seldom.
We have been Ooma customers for a long time and this is far the worse issue I have ever had to deal with.
#111259 by thunderbird
Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:40 am
There are many people having these same problems, including me. We have to reboot the HD2 handset(s) almost daily. About every few days the Ooma Telo has to be rebooted because the DECT Radio quits/freezes or is inop (Usually the Ooma Telo Phone port is still working). Answering a second inbound call is almost impossible. Calling out with the HD2 handset works almost every time, unless the Ooma Telo DECT radio has quit, or the HD2 handset has lost DECT Radio communications with the Ooma Telo.

It's even sadder to think that the HD2 handsets have been in service for over a year and are still unreliable and that the HD1 handsets have had these same problems during their whole life and is still unreliable. We have had our Panasonic wireless DECT 6 Plus 4 each phones as long as we have had the Ooma Telo, about three years, and the Panasonic phone system has never failed, not even once.

I have placed a second hardwired phone or Panasonic wireless handset next to the HD2 handset locations, so that we won't miss those important calls when the HD2 handset(s) fail.
#111267 by Tuan
Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:23 am
Is this a known issue of having more than 2 DECT devices or has Ooma not figured out what's wrong yet? I just added a Linx to the Telo and experiencing the same issues, but my 2 HD handsets were working fine before. I'm going to have to take the Linx offline.
#111269 by jonjonbear
Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:32 am
As far as I know the Ooma system is the only DECT devices I have. My Uniden cordless system is 2.4ghz I think. So don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

I don't think I am going to recommend Ooma to anyone anymore. It works great when it works, but unless your a techie person you can't keep it working. I feel really bad I got my folks hooked up with it but at least they live in the cottage behind us so I can run over there and bail them out..
#111270 by murphy
Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:35 am
I have two HD2 handsets and a Linx connected to my Telo.
I am not having any problems at all.
I don't get many calls on the Telo.
My main phone number is on my Hub.
#111314 by lzhj9k
Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:55 am
I too replaced all of my 4 original handsets with 4 of the new HD2 handsets and am having the same problem as others, some ring other do not. I had to reboot the Telo last night as we had 2 of the 4 HD2 handsets ring one time then stopped.
We could not answer the call. System appeared to be fine after reboot....
Last edited by lzhj9k on Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
#111322 by Tom
Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:44 am
thunderbird: There are many people having these same problems, including me.

I can make your enhanced telo 0E08xx the main unit to see if that makes a difference. Let me know.