This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#110458 by paulb787
Fri May 31, 2013 3:13 pm
Ok I have my ooma set up behind my router. I have done:

1.Set upload speed to 0(disabled) in setup.ooma.com
2.Set use built in mac FOR INTERNET PORT
3.Set up qos under my router with the internet ports mac address (high priority) (anyway to test if working??)

Everything works great unless I am downloading movies on my cable Box/computer.. I get stutters

what am I missing here? Anything else? I have 50mbps down and 10mbps up.. PRETTY FAST

Thanks for ur help,
Paul
#110461 by murphy
Fri May 31, 2013 3:39 pm
paulb787 wrote:In my router settings I have to have a mac address for qos. so I am using the internet port mac address. right?

Right. It is one higher than the MAC address on the label.
#110464 by lbmofo
Fri May 31, 2013 4:35 pm
When I installed Linksys WRT310N for my dad, I set up QoS for him in the router as well. While talking to mom, a few times, I heard some stuttering effect. The next time I went home, I went into the router and couldn't find anything wrong with my setup. If I remember correctly, the only thing I changed at that time was instead of using "auto measure bandwidth," I specified what the upload bandwidth should be based on what I measured from speedtest.net. Since then, I don't remember hearing the stuttering effect anymore.
Last edited by lbmofo on Fri May 31, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#110466 by lbmofo
Fri May 31, 2013 4:49 pm
I like to put 80% to 90% of what I measure in there and nice rounded numbers too. If your router QoS has option to specify your own upload bandwidth or "auto," always choose your specification because routers I have seen do a terrible job.

Any case, I did the QoS at the router, also make sure you specify all protocols if option there and all external IP ranges if option there.
#110495 by paulb787
Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:39 am
hey thanks again.. do u do what you get from speed test.com or from ooma's speed test .

oomas speed test gives me like 4500kbps but on speed test.net I am getting 8-9 mbps?