This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#109774 by artie777
Sat May 11, 2013 3:08 pm
I do not have time to search through 47 pages to try and find if this topic has been covered.

Intermittently, incoming calls cannot connect, and they are given a message that is something like, "We are sorry, but this number cannot receive any calls at this time."

I was thinking that it was my modem needing to be reset, but before I could do that, the phone rang and the caller was one that had received the above message twice before being able to connect. What is the reason for this "hit or miss" type service. I need this service to be reliable, as I have a handicapped daughter that needs to receive calls from doctors, etc. Thanks for investigating this, and letting me know the answer asap!
#109778 by lbmofo
Sat May 11, 2013 5:14 pm
Seems like a carrier routing issue. Call customer service.
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Hours: Weekdays 7am-7pm PT, Weekends 8am-5pm PT
#109790 by Tom
Sun May 12, 2013 9:58 am
Please provide date/time/zone for the call that did go through on the 3rd attempt.
#112540 by unhappyUser
Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:28 am
I had the same problem yesterday.
August 12 around 16:30 Pacific time.
Tried to call home multiple times from an cell phone (American Telephone Co.) and got the same message ... something like can't connect.
30 minutes later it connected normally.
It seems outages in the service are common.

I have another ticket for another problem for receiving incoming calls.
The call doesn't ring at the Ooma Telo and goes directly to voice mail.
#112554 by lbmofo
Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:56 am
unhappyUser wrote:It seems outages in the service are common.

Yesterday, you might have run into an outage but that's not common.
#113049 by unhappyUser
Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:06 am
unhappyUser reporting that today when I called home with the office phone on Ooma the call went straight to ooma's voice mail.
Calling ooma from my cell phone also went straight to the ooma voice mail. I have a different voice mail stating that it is going to ooma and expect delays in responding.

Called my wife at home on the cell phone to alert her that ooma is not working. She told me the phone rang but when she picked it up it showed my call "on hold".

Last time we noticed ooma with this problem was in August 12th, less than a month ago.
Should we expect lbmofo to attesting these problems are rare in the next 30 minutes?
#113064 by lbmofo
Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:40 pm
Sorry took me more than 30 minutes this time.

Check your setup vs assuming this is an Ooma wide problem.