This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#109142 by huntrm
Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:34 am
Last thread on using ooma with Clearwire Wireless was 2010. Is there any recent experience using ooma with Clearwire, particularly with their migration to 4G LTE networks?

I know at a high-level the possible issues, but I'm in a situation where we're trying to get a VoIP phone service at a neighborhood clubhouse, and the cost of a business line is very high, and Comcast isn't being very cooperative in running cable internet to the facilities....

Just looking for any recent experience. Also, we're very close to one of Clearwire's towers, so coverage isn't an issue.

Thanks.
#109173 by huntrm
Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:47 am
Well, I picked up their modem yesterday, got it up and running within 5 minutes (nice, simple experience to get it working). I connected it up in my basement, and had 3 out of 5 bars.

I connected up my ooma hub, and it worked great! I was very surprised. Did a few conference calls, everyone could hear me just fine (and vice versa).

Now, will purchase a Telo and connect this down at our neighborhood pool (where I get 5 bars on the modem). We should be in great shape with this solution.

Thanks!
#109580 by Jess66
Tue May 07, 2013 11:05 am
I have Clearwire with the old modem (2g, I think).

I get five bars with the modem, and have no problems with the internet, but my Ooma phone voice quality is very up and down. very poor about 10% of the time, passable to good most of the time, and excellent maybe 10%. All my test results are in the ball park except jitter usually about 15. It is annoying enough that we are considering dumping the Ooma phone.
#109581 by lbmofo
Tue May 07, 2013 11:18 am
Jess66 wrote:It is annoying enough that we are considering dumping the Ooma phone.

Why not dump slow internet and upgrade to latest and greatest Clear? Need high speed internet to support VoIP.