This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#109092 by Cess
Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:11 pm
I can make a call, people can hear me, but I cannot receive calls. Yes, the blue envelop has been pressed and the do not disturbed is turned off. We've tried unplugging everything and putting it all back together and still nothing.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Megan
#109093 by thunderbird
Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:49 pm
Cess wrote:I can make a call, people can hear me, but I cannot receive calls. Yes, the blue envelop has been pressed and the do not disturbed is turned off. We've tried unplugging everything and putting it all back together and still nothing.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Megan

Contact Ooma Customer Support for this problem:
Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Hours: Weekdays 7am-7pm PT, Weekends 8am-5pm PT
#109120 by Cess
Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:21 am
Thank you, but it really seems to be such a hassle for something that is known to be SO easy. We followed instructions exactly and when we could call out, people said it was very clear. But it doesn't do much good if we cannot receive calls. Already have a cell signal booster, need one upstairs and the posts I've read of Ooma slowing down internet speeds, I just think we'll be returning it.
#109123 by lbmofo
Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:42 am
When people call your Ooma, do you see the "1" on Telo blink/flash orange?

What do you mean you have a cell signal booster?
#109125 by Cess
Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:50 am
We do not get cell signal inside our house, most likely due to the aluminum siding. We get signal in the driveway. We got a booster that attaches to the top of the roof, cord comes into the house and has another device, not sure of what that is called, and BOOM we get 3 bars inside whereas before we had zero. However, the signal is not strong upstairs. It cannot travel that far. So, we're considering getting another one for the upstairs. I did notice getting a newer cell phone, the signal was increased just by that alone.
I didn't notice orange on the Telo at all.