This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#109079 by PandT
Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:38 pm
Speed Test: Speedtest.net
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2659529766.png

I have run the speed test from Ooma several times and I get WILDLY varying results:

https://www.ooma.com/support/internet-speed-test
I can't seem to capture the results without doing a screen grab and editing it (lazy guy here) but I am averaging a yellow to green result and that (If I didn't already know) tells me the servers are a long way away from me.
I am guessing that the problem resides in the fact that the Ooma servers are in CA and I am in MA. Talk about coast to coast... Even with my exorbitantly expensive DOCSIS 3 Internet connection I can anticipate the problems.
This will seriously impact my Faxing performance. Lost packets, jitter, latency and dropped connections.
I REALLY want better and I, for one, am willing to pay something for it.

Are there any plans for Ooma to install a distributed system (servers at major hubs)?
I know you guys have a poor business model but I have done my part in funding it, Premier Member.
Can you guys come up with a funding solution for those of us who are willing to actually pay for our phone service? I mean really, free for the life of the device (Even if not specified, I always assumed it since I live in the real world and NOTHING is really free forever, someone always pays).

This is a REAL question and I would like a considered answer from someone that has actual insight into the Ooma executive class. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for privileged info (actually, I am. Quiet here and not expecting an answer but holding out hope)

I want better network response in Ma. and I am willing to pay for it. I have a horse (my investment in your hardware) in this race and your survival as a low cost provider would make me happier and I do like to be happy :D .