This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#108821 by cacophony
Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:56 pm
I've discovered a specific number of a local restaurant that pretty consistently will ring once and then give a fast busy signal. This only seems to happen when I try to dial through a VOIP service though.

Last night I tried to call and got the issue. And then tried to call again. And again. Eventually I gave up and called from my cell phone and that worked fine on the first try. After I hung up I tried from the Ooma again and got the fast busy signal.

Tonight I tried calling them again from Ooma as a test and repeatedly got the fast busy signal every time. I then tried from an iPhone app that uses my Google voice account and got the same fast busy signal.

I have no problems dialing other local businesses from my Ooma at the time this issue is occurring, including ones that have the same area code and prefix. The problematic number does occasionally work from the Ooma though, maybe 5-10% of the time.

Any idea what could be going on here? Are all VOIP calls (regardless of brand) to this number going through the same gateway, and maybe it's overloaded or buggy?
Last edited by cacophony on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#108823 by holmes4
Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:59 pm
The restaurant is using some different phone provider which Ooma is having trouble routing to. Contact Ooma support and give them the phone number you are calling.
#108837 by thunderbird
Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:27 am
Quite often even though you get a fast busy, if you continue to stay on the line, eventually the call will go through. That procedure seems to correct the problem in most cases?

Sometimes using the prefix *98 or *96 will also help. Example: *98-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

Try it and report back to the forum.