This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#108257 by thunderbird
Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:58 pm
kelru2000:
Did you try another Modem? That's what I would do next because of the out of limits Phonepower readings. In your case the Phonepower readings were more extreme then most others I've seen. It's almost always the Modem that is causing the problem.

If you think the Ooma Telo is defective and it is still within the one year warranty period, and if you can convince Ooma that the Ooma Telo is defective, Ooma will send you a replacement Ooma Telo shipping prepaid. They will also send along a prepaid shipping label to ship the old Ooma Telo back.
#108258 by kelru2000
Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:13 pm
Thanks for your quick response. I wasn't clear that all the readings from phonepower are currently within the specs you told me about in your first response.

The modem seems to be functioning all within normal tolerances now. The reset by cable co. clearly improved the connection, but ooma is still failing me.

Do you still think a different modem would make some difference?
#108259 by thunderbird
Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:18 pm
kelru2000 wrote:Thanks for your quick response. I wasn't clear that all the readings from phonepower are currently within the specs you told me about in your first response.

The modem seems to be functioning all within normal tolerances now. The reset by cable co. clearly improved the connection, but ooma is still failing me.

Do you still think a different modem would make some difference?

If the Phonepower readings remain stable even during the heavy use periods of time, like in the late after noons and evenings, and the Ooma Telo is within the one year warranty period, I'd try that next. If not I'd try another Modem.
#108471 by kelru2000
Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:57 am
Just an update to this story. After reading many posts here, I decided to try reordering my equipment. (I called ooma technical support and they were pretty much worthless).

I changed from modem->telo->router to modem->router->telo.

I turned off the QOS on the telo and turned it on on the router. Now I get good internet speeds all the time and ooma is working again.

It reinforces my feeling that something was not working right in the telo. I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything will continue to work.