This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#108035 by rmt
Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:20 am
No ring on an incoming call this morning, but noticed the voicemail notification message displayed on my (AT&T) handset. I listened to the message via the handset, but there is no record of the call on my handset's caller display log. I log into my Ooma account, check my Voicemail Inbox and find the recorded message with telephone number, date & time listed, but there's no record of the call in my call logs.

FWIW, the call was an automated notification from FedEx via an (800) toll free number (at least that's what the Voicemail Inbox record states). In case this has to do with system performance, time of call is listed as 10:44 AM MDST, 21 March 2013.

I rebooted my cable modem and Ooma as a precaution.
#108051 by peabody
Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:27 am
That has happened to me too. My interpretation was that the calling number was on the community blacklist, and I have blacklists set to go directly to voicemail. So it didn't ring locally or produce any Caller ID info, but the guy at the other end was still on the line when my outgoing message ended, so there was a short voicemail left. But apparently, calls from blacklisted numbers aren't added to the call log even if they produce voicemail. Not sure how I feel about that.

In your case, it may be that enough people added the FedEx number to their blacklists that it has ended up on the Community list.
#108054 by rmt
Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:55 am
Many thanks for your reply, peabody! I subsequently located the following thread that directly addresses what you have suggested: http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14654

Oddly, Ooma's support page at http://www.ooma.com/app/support/personal-and-community-blacklists states "You can have the community blacklist, the personal blacklist, or both turned on at any time. You can also differentiate between what happens to numbers that are blocked via the community blacklist and numbers that are blocked via the personal blacklist", but this would appear to be an Ooma Premier feature and unavailable to me as an Ooma Core service subscriber. As a consequence, I guess I at least have the benefit of the community blacklist, but have no ability to disable it.
#108063 by rmt
Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:46 pm
Oddly it happened again this evening to another automated call. This time it was from a local medical facility with an automated message reminding me of a scheduled medical appointment.
#108086 by thunderbird
Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:43 am
peabody wrote:If you don't have Premier, then my understanding is you shouldn't have any blacklist in effect. So it's still a mystery.

Some times some Premier settings will remain, even though the person is not using Premier.

The fix for this is to contact Ooma Customer Support and have them correct it from their end.

Some times a third level support person must do this checking and changing.