This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#110763 by murphy
Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:59 pm
johnjohnjohn53 wrote:we just change these numbers at the ooma setup number online right? is there something i physically have to change on the ooma telo or anything like that? other then shut it off and turn it back on to re ajust itself?

You misunderstood my post. I was asking Ooma to do it automatically instead of requiring every user to do it themselves. If your Telo is behind your router set both QOS numbers in the Telo to zero. If your Telo is in front of your router set the downstream value to zero and the upstream value to 80% of your measured upstream speed.
#110775 by EX Bell
Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:44 pm
johnjohnjohn53 wrote:we just change these numbers at the ooma setup number online right? is there something i physically have to change on the ooma telo or anything like that? other then shut it off and turn it back on to re ajust itself?

No, the QoS setting is not part of my.ooma.com setup pages. It is located in the Ooma Telo setup.

1. Connect your computer to the Telo "Home" port (not the "Internet" port)
2. Enter 172.27.35.1 in a browser address bar
3. Setup the QoS upload setting in the Advanced Settings section. You may leave the download setting at 0, it's only the upload value you need to set.
4. Save the setting
5. Connect your ISP modem to the "Internet" port of the Telo and connect the "Home" port to your router
6. Unplug the Telo for 2 Minutes and then plug it in and wait for it to return to normal
7. Test outgoing voice quality

The QoS setting in the Telo is only effective if the Telo is after your ISP modem and before your router. If you put the Telo after your router, then your router must support QoS and the upload setting has to be entered into your router.
#135276 by jep
Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:50 am
hi, everyone! I just bought telo a family member told me he had one and it worked good after some tweaking. I had the magicjack it was always not working right since day one. now that I have the telo and having broken calls muffling I started reading and joined the forum.i see lots of issues , lots of tests but not much in the way of being resolved. is this technology just not up to expectations yet? I have the same 30 mbps down and 5 mbps up as my family member. my issues still remain . are there any new proven fixes for these issues?
thank you for your time
#135295 by GeorgeInActon
Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:48 am
I've been having this same problem, where only the outbound audio breaks up. Running a broadband speed test nearly always showed good upload and download speed. I bought Net Uptime Monitor (for $10) and it showed my internet connection going really slow, briefly, every few seconds. The problem wasn't noticeable browsing web sites and retrieving email, or even with streaming video, although my daughter complained about her online gaming being really slow. My ISP recommended rebooting my cable modem (an Arris SB6183) and router (an ASUS RT-AC68U) and that fixed it. I suspect that one of them has a problem that requires a periodic reboot. If the problem comes back, I'll try rebooting just one of them so I can figure out which one needs to be replaced.

So if you're having this problem, you might want to rule out your broadband modem/router.