This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#107489 by bobhampel
Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:08 pm
When I use the ooma device as pass through everything works fine. When I try to use the wireless adapter with my Linksys EA3500 all calls, both in and out, drop after one ring.

The ooma device when used as a pass through defeats the gigabit capability of my modem which is why I'd like to use the wireless adapter.
#107491 by lbmofo
Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:39 pm
Placing Ooma after the router, either the Telo wifi adapter would work or ethernet connection to router's LAN would work.

For setting up Telo wifi adapter, make sure you follow the instructions here: https://www.ooma.com/app/support/ooma-te ... dapter-faq Overview is to get to the Telo device setup page via ethernet connection to the "Home Internet" port and then adding your wifi connection supplying the password. Then disconnect ethernet connection to your Telo and wifi should work after power cycle.

As for putting Ooma in front of your router, unless you have internet speeds >100 Mbps, you won't lose anything as far as speed for putting Ooma in front of your router. viewtopic.php?t=10948