This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#107145 by waiau
Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:18 pm
:? :? I am a Ooma Newbie. I was able to setup my Ooma very nicely even to my whole house.

My land line phone number is expected to be ported tomorrow. All of a sudden today, I cannot answer calls. When I call my Ooma from my cell (as a test), my ooma phone will ring. When I try to answer, I get the Ooma dial tone. I cannot answer the call. Very strange. I am not sure if this is part of the porting process or if something is wrong.

Please help!
#107147 by thunderbird
Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:32 pm
waiau wrote::? :? I am a Ooma Newbie. I was able to setup my Ooma very nicely even to my whole house.

My land line phone number is expected to be ported tomorrow. All of a sudden today, I cannot answer calls. When I call my Ooma from my cell (as a test), my ooma phone will ring. When I try to answer, I get the Ooma dial tone. I cannot answer the call. Very strange. I am not sure if this is part of the porting process or if something is wrong.

Please help!

First try removing power from the Ooma Telo for about five minutes, then repower the Ooma Telo and test.
#107148 by Tom
Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:34 pm
This is a known issue we're working to resolve with the carrier of your Ooma number. Workaround for now is to disable multi-ring.
#107153 by waiau
Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:45 pm
Yes. Disabling multi ring solved the issue. The strange thing is that I can answer a call using my cell but not my ooma phone during multi ring. So for now, I am ok with not having the multi ring feature. Hopefully, ooma will figure out. I had a level two tech follow up and try to resolve the problem But no luck so far.
#111079 by Tom
Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:33 am
This problem should be fixed now. Please try enabling multi-ring again.