This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#105841 by mjl
Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:24 pm
I did a test when not using the phone and here is the results

download 9.26 green light

upload 449 kbs green light
jitter 1.8
packet loss 0.0

mos score 4.2 all green light

did test while using the phone no one else is using the internet this is a shaw box cable high speed

download 832 green light
upload 191 kbs green light
jitter 81.8 ms red light
packet loss 0 .4 green lihgt
moss score 2.0 green light

I am having alot of problems that were not present until a few days before a ported number issue. This is a shaw modem/ router all in one box that you plug the Ooma directly into. I am having several problems that include call display showing an international phone number , people phone me and it takes several attempts to get through . Ooma claims the system is fine. They will look into the situation.
#105944 by thunderbird
Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:04 am
mjl wrote:I did a test when not using the phone and here is the results

download 9.26 green light

upload 449 kbs green light
jitter 1.8
packet loss 0.0

mos score 4.2 all green light

did test while using the phone no one else is using the internet this is a shaw box cable high speed

download 832 green light
upload 191 kbs green light
jitter 81.8 ms red light
packet loss 0 .4 green lihgt
moss score 2.0 green light

I am having alot of problems that were not present until a few days before a ported number issue. This is a shaw modem/ router all in one box that you plug the Ooma directly into. I am having several problems that include call display showing an international phone number , people phone me and it takes several attempts to get through . Ooma claims the system is fine. They will look into the situation.

download 832 green light....A little low, but probably will work.
upload 191 kbs green light...Very marginal, low upload speed might cause problems.
packet loss 0 .4 green light..Should be Zero

Jitter 81.8 ms red light......should be less then 5 ms. This is probably the problem, but it might be caused by the low Internet speeds.

Most often a defective modem will cause this problem, or a defective or slow Internet signal.

Check your Shaw Modem/ Router owner's manual and see if there is reset procedure for at least the Modem part of the combo unit. If so, do the Modem Reset procedure. Note: Some Modem/Routers contain a battery that must be temporarily removed to be able to have a successful Modem reset or reboot. Check your Shaw Modem/Router owner's manual to see if there is a battery installed in this unit. If so temporarily remove the battery per the Shaw Modem/Router owner's manual and then do a Modem reset or Modem/Router reboot is there is no reset procedure.

This probably won't help but it's another thing you can try is:
If you have Ooma Premier, or are still within the Ooma Premier Trial period, you can go into My Ooma and set up the second line. Then you can make and receive calls to/from the Ooma Telo using the second line to see if the problem is still there, or are only with line 1.