This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#105359 by mjl
Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:55 pm
Why does my name and number come up as Trunk Group 213 344 4854? I did not select that number but it is what everyone sees when I phone them. This system has worked good so far but I can not afford small mistakes as I need my work to accept daily jobs. I did the live chat and was told it should take 7-10 days to find out. To me that is not acceptable.
#105788 by mjl
Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:41 pm
this is a piece of junk. I have to reboot every few days and I am still comming up as trunk group. It sounds like i am in a helicopter when talking to people 7-10 days to address the situation is crap.
#105790 by mjl
Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:03 pm
now when people phone me they get a message that the number is not available check the number and call again. They finally get through on the third or fourth attempt. I have shaw highspeed and everything worked great until the number was ported. Now when i need it does not work. The shaw box is a modem router all in one so I can not place the Ooma before the router. I do not know how to access the router or if its even possible as its supplied by the isp
#105791 by mjl
Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:28 pm
After rebooting 5x I can call out but my phone number shows up as 21378431262137 ! I will phone tomorrow and hopefully someone will actually do something!
#105792 by WayneDsr
Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:46 pm
I have a friend in Canada that uses Shaw, I'm assuming you are also in Canada? He tells me he has constant problems with speed changes, especially in the upload direction. Could you do a Speed test and show us the results?

Putting the Ooma unit behind the router as you do, is the best way in my opinion, so your set up should work fine if your internet connection is working properly.

This is one you could try.
http://www.whichvoip.com/voip/speed_tes ... MgodJm4AHw

Wayne
#105842 by mjl
Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:25 pm
thanks for the help

I did a test when not using the phone and here is the results

download 9.26 green light

upload 449 kbs green light
jitter 1.8
packet loss 0.0

mos score 4.2 all green light

did test while using the phone no one else is using the internet this is a shaw box cable high speed

download 832 green light
upload 191 kbs green light
jitter 81.8 ms red light
packet loss 0 .4 green lihgt
moss score 2.0 green light

I am having alot of problems that were not present until a few days before a ported number issue. This is a shaw modem/ router all in one box that you plug the Ooma directly into. I am having several problems that include call display showing an international phone number , people phone me and it takes several attempts to get through . Ooma claims the system is fine.
#105846 by WayneDsr
Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:29 pm
Interesting. Do you have a computer connected to the Ooma box? Are you measuring your speed connected to your router or to the Ooma box? Something is seriously cutting down your speed.

Wayne
#105859 by mjl
Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:12 am
The low test is a lap top plugged into the modem/router while talking on the phone. The issues I have are there when there is nothing else connected except the Ooma. I live alone so there is nothing else connected.Is it common for the Ooma to need so much of my bandwidth?
#105860 by murphy
Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:08 am
mjl wrote:The low test is a lap top plugged into the modem/router while talking on the phone. The issues I have are there when there is nothing else connected except the Ooma. I live alone so there is nothing else connected.Is it common for the Ooma to need so much of my bandwidth?

Are you disabling the radio in the laptop when you run the test?
Adding wireless to the mixture will not give accurate results.