This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#106414 by g00b2
Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:24 pm
Was I ever happy to stumble upon this thread! The exact same thing is happening to me right now. I extensively tested the Ooma box with my temporary number for a couple of months and loved the quality. The day Cogeco relented my phone number to Ooma my phone quality became a disaster.

I also had Cogeco's VoIP service, so I also have their VoIP modem (again, just like you, the "Telephone 1" light is flashing. I will be demanding exactly what you did: a replacement modem or I leave. I already called to talk to them, they said no and I'm now waiting on a return call from a supervisor.

Man.
#108899 by pur914
Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:12 am
Thanks to all contributors to this discussion! I had poor call quality when I connected my Ooma Telo to my internet/telephony modem (rented from Comcast). I have been waiting for my longstanding home phone number to port over, at which point I will switch modems to a Ubee ddm3513 modem that provides internet signal only (no phone). I'm encouraged to learn that a similar modem switch solved the call quality problems discussed in this thread--fingers crossed that I will have good call quality with my Ooma after the transfer. I have a high-speed connection, so that should not be an issue.
#108903 by lbmofo
Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:19 am
pur914, these folks though weren't having quality issues until after the number ported and cable digital voice service turned off. The number you are porting over is landline and not cable digital voice service?