This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#104683 by pjs344
Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:50 pm
I have adjusted my first gen device (white and grey) according to recommendations on the site dealing with fixing call quality. I have Cox Cable. The speed and voip checks are good with Cox. All calls to and from land lines and voips are vary good. But I get choppy and digitized voice quality in both directions with any cell phone connection. How can I fix this? Is it my fist gen device? I have the main device for free calls and I have not updated my first gen device firmware. I don't know if this gens firmware will work on the first gen device or how to update the firmware on the device. Any help would be nice.

I also wonder if the cable and Dsl phone internet profileders are creating these problems because they wont you to use and pay $$$ for there voip service?
#104687 by thunderbird
Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:30 pm
pjs344 wrote:I have adjusted my first gen device (white and grey) according to recommendations on the site dealing with fixing call quality. I have Cox Cable. The speed and voip checks are good with Cox. All calls to and from land lines and voips are vary good. But I get choppy and digitized voice quality in both directions with any cell phone connection. How can I fix this? Is it my fist gen device? I have the main device for free calls and I have not updated my first gen device firmware. I don't know if this gens firmware will work on the first gen device or how to update the firmware on the device. Any help would be nice.

I also wonder if the cable and Dsl phone internet profileders are creating these problems because they wont you to use and pay $$$ for there voip service?

See the following tread for information on the Ooma Hub firmware update and what one person did to correct problems that he was having after the Ooma Hub firmware update.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15024

After you remove power and then repower your Ooma Hub, if you are still having problems do the following:

Run http://speedtest.phonepower.com/ to see how your modem and Internet connection is doing. Then click on the Advance tab on the lower left side of the Phonepower page, and post the following values here in this thread, by clicking on "Quote" in the upper right hand corner of this Ooma Forum post. Then fill in the blanks.

Download Speed: ________________
Upload Speed: ________________
Download Consistency of Service ________
Upload Consistency of Service _________
Maximum TCP Delay _____________
Jitter you server __________
Jitter server you _________
Packet loss: you server_______
Packet loss: server you ______
Packet discards _________
Packets out of order _________
Estimated MOS score ________