This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#103425 by cjh
Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:11 am
I work from home and I am on the phone most of the day. I have the highest internet speed offered by uVerse - 24Mbps. The sound quality is normally good until around 3:00 in the afternoon and then it gets terrible - echo, reverb, etc. I have the Ooma set up using wi-fi. I have my cordless phone base plugged into the Ooma - and I am using a cordless handset. Any suggestions? Thanks
#103427 by thunderbird
Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:39 am
cjh wrote:I work from home and I am on the phone most of the day. I have the highest internet speed offered by uVerse - 24Mbps. The sound quality is normally good until around 3:00 in the afternoon and then it gets terrible - echo, reverb, etc. I have the Ooma set up using wi-fi. I have my cordless phone base plugged into the Ooma - and I am using a cordless handset. Any suggestions? Thanks

Do the following procedure at 3:00 PM or when the problems occur.

Run http://speedtest.phonepower.com/ to see how your modem and Internet connection is doing. Then click on the Advance tab on the lower left side of the Phonepower page, and post the following values here in this thread, by clicking on "Quote" in the upper right hand corner of this Ooma Forum post. Then fill in the blanks.

Download Speed: ________________
Upload Speed: ________________
Download Consistency of Service ________
Upload Consistency of Service _________
Maximum TCP Delay _____________
Jitter you server __________
Jitter server you _________
Packet loss: you server_______
Packet loss: server you ______
Packet discards _________
Packets out of order _________
Estimated MOS score ________