This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#103077 by foxcroft
Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:13 pm
I've been using ooma for a few weeks now and Just started experiencing one way conversations today....any help from the community is greatly appreciated!
My Problem: :cry:
I can make and receive calls - - but during the course of a call, I often experience that the voice on the other end cuts out for several seconds and then comes back in, etc.....however, while this is happening the other person can always hear me.

My Setup: :cool:
- Ooma to integrated modem/router (connected via ethernet cable)
- router security set to WPA2/AES
- Panasonic cordless phone Dect 6.0

My VOIP test stats: :D
Jitter you = 0.4ms
jitter server = 1.1ms
packet loss you=0
packet loss server 0.2%
packet discards=0
packets out of order=0
est MOS score = 4

Speed test: :D
UP 5.19mbps / DOWN 0.67mbps

What I've tried so far: :(
- Called CS but L2 couldn't figure it out and L3 was off for the weekend. (Changed my UP settings to 0....didn't help. Changed my UP setting back to 348...didn't help. Put me on hold several times to try stuff...didn't help)
- Rebooted router and telo...
#103079 by thunderbird
Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:50 am
foxcroft wrote:I've been using ooma for a few weeks now and Just started experiencing one way conversations today....any help from the community is greatly appreciated!
My Problem: :cry:
I can make and receive calls - - but during the course of a call, I often experience that the voice on the other end cuts out for several seconds and then comes back in, etc.....however, while this is happening the other person can always hear me.

My Setup: :cool:
- Ooma to integrated modem/router (connected via ethernet cable)
- router security set to WPA2/AES
- Panasonic cordless phone Dect 6.0

My VOIP test stats: :D
Jitter you = 0.4ms
jitter server = 1.1ms
packet loss you=0
packet loss server 0.2%
packet discards=0
packets out of order=0
est MOS score = 4

Speed test: :D
UP 5.19mbps / DOWN 0.67mbps

What I've tried so far: :(
- Called CS but L2 couldn't figure it out and L3 was off for the weekend. (Changed my UP settings to 0....didn't help. Changed my UP setting back to 348...didn't help. Put me on hold several times to try stuff...didn't help)
- Rebooted router and telo...

Packet loss server 0.2%......................Should always be Zero.

UP 5.19mbps / DOWN 0.67mbps...........Something is wrong here. Either the Up & Down numbers are transposed or????? The Download Speed is always higher then the Upload speed, unless there is a problem, usually with the Modem.

For the Packet loss, check your Modem/Router owner's manual and see if there is a reset procedure. If so, do the Modem reset procedure per the owner's manual, if not do another reboot of the Modem/Router.
Note: Some Modems contain a battery that must be temporarily removed to have a successful reset or reboot. Use the Modem/Router manual for battery removal procedure.
Then run http://www.phonepower.com/speedtest and make sure that there is no Packet loss, discards or out of order packets. Also check Phonepower Speedtest at different times of the day and see if there is a difference.
If you continue to have problems the Modem/Router is probably defective. The Internet provider signal could also be defective.