This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#101679 by woodbutcher
Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:16 am
I think I noticed improvement in call quality and fewer calls dropped after I went through the change to Built in MAC address described by Thunderbird a few months ago. Now, however, the call dropping has increased again, but I checked the settings, and the built-in address is still checked. The network connection at the top of the same page is designated as automatic. Would it work better with one of the other settings?
Butch
#101681 by thunderbird
Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:30 am
woodbutcher wrote:I think I noticed improvement in call quality and fewer calls dropped after I went through the change to Built in MAC address described by Thunderbird a few months ago. Now, however, the call dropping has increased again, but I checked the settings, and the built-in address is still checked. The network connection at the top of the same page is designated as automatic. Would it work better with one of the other settings?
Butch

This is a problem that may people is experiencing right now.

What has helped some people is to connect Modem-Router-Ooma, which seems to help (in this case nothing is connected to the Hub Home port, except at times connecting a computer, when access to Ooma setup is required. Quality of Service settings for the Modem-Router-Ooma is normally set to zero.)

Others have had to do resets and or reboots of their Modem, using their modem manufacture's owner's manual as a guide, and that has helped them.

Note: some modems contain a battery that must be temporarily removed to have a successful Modem reset or reboot.