This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#101283 by Mosaic
Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:01 am
I've had Ooma for 2 years it has been terrible since day 2. NO IT IS NOT MY INTERNET. Constantly having one problem or another, one stranger than the next with the hardware. Unrelible hardware, poor support of course. I thought Verizon was bad. Well it was, but so much better than Ooma. I am done.
#101284 by lbmofo
Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:11 am
Mosaic wrote: on Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi, have had ooma for 2 years without droped calls. Now, mainly on conected wired home line phone, we are getting droped calls.

If you had no issues for 2 years and all of a sudden you have issues, likely IT IS YOUR INTERNET. I'd say it is your modem (and/or your router if you connect to the router).

FYI, topic on Voice Quality Issues?: viewtopic.php?t=10023
#101328 by Leeway
Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:28 pm
I think you sure do have problems!! You've only posted two messages here on the boards in those two years. You come to complain but you should have been coming to get a dose of the wonderful help you could have found out here.

Mosaic wrote:I've had Ooma for 2 years it has been terrible since day 2. NO IT IS NOT MY INTERNET. Constantly having one problem or another, one stranger than the next with the hardware. Unrelible hardware, poor support of course. I thought Verizon was bad. Well it was, but so much better than Ooma. I am done.
#101340 by Mosaic
Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:31 am
No, it is not the internet, usually. I have spent 10's of hours here looking for help, get some help, calling support getting temporary help. For me, THIS IS THE WORST HARDWARE PROBLEM DEVICE THAT I HAVE USED FOR ANY LENGHT OF TIME. Yes, I have contacted the ISP many times over call QOS issues, jitter and more Sometimes that has helped. My point is that the hardware is flaky. And no, should not not have to deal with constantly changing problems with this device. Yea, maybe I have a bad unit.

I do get the concept that Ooma is trying to do and yes it is a good idea.
#103108 by sberube
Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:19 pm
I agree w/ the others. If you feel your internet is not the issue, I suggest taking the device to a friends house who has a different ISP or the same ISP but in a different town and see how it works there. Since you report such bad issues, you should know pretty quickly if its hardware or the ISP. It very well may be hardware, but best to do process of elimination.

So far I've had it for about 3 weeks and no issues. A few odd call quality issues, but not often at all.
#103112 by southsound
Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:13 pm
Mosaic wrote:I've had Ooma for 2 years it has been terrible since day 2. NO IT IS NOT MY INTERNET. Constantly having one problem or another, one stranger than the next with the hardware. Unrelible hardware, poor support of course. I thought Verizon was bad. Well it was, but so much better than Ooma. I am done.

Like the others have said, too bad you didn't post your problems here so we could help. A lot of good folks here are more than willing to help a fellow ooma user. And if it was the hardware, why in the world would you not request a new unit while it was still in warranty? I don't like throwing good money away and I always make use of a manufacturer's warranty if a product I have purchased fails in the warranty period.

I guess the bottom line is that ooma - and for that matter, any technology related product is not for everyone. Of course, neither are some less technical / more mechanical items: cars, boats, firearms, and many other complex devices. I still keep a CenturyLink landline because there are times (like this past 18 hours) when the power goes out and even though I have battery and generator backup, my DSL does NOT. But for my money, ooma has consistently provided good to great service and a very minimal cost. I wish you well with your new choices.