This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#100958 by 1freespirit
Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:22 pm
Hello:

Well this Saturday I hooked up my Telo and it went just fine. I guess I have no way to install Telo between modem and router as I'm DSL and I only have the phone line that connect to my wireless/wired router that Frontier provided me so I do not have a separate router and modem. I think I said that right. Anyrate set up with the instructions was fairly simple I cannot do any of the alternate set up options which I guess is fine Ooma so far seems to work fine.

I did noticed initally I tried to use my cordless Panasonic KX-FPG391 combo fax and 4 system handset system, and II was not having good call quality so I disconnected that one and connected a corded handset that I had laying around for emergencies when the electricity would go out. This one seems to work better then the panasonic.

My questions are:

1:) What cordless handset (besides the ooma handset I can purchase) will also work good with the ooma Telo? I would like one that is cordless and has caller ID?

2:) I do not have the strongest upload speeds around 350-370 - I have read where you can log into the telo router and change some settings? I cannot figure out how I can do this as the Telo is plugged directly into my home network DSL router?
Maybe its not an option for me...

3:) After the Priemer trial period is over do I have to contact Ooma and let them know that I do or Do not want to continue with the Premier OR at the end of the trial period will it convert automatically to the Basic plan?

Thank you for any feedback or suggestions you may have to my questions.

Laurie :cool:
#100959 by lbmofo
Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:33 pm
Welcome.

1) Any DECT 6.0 multi-hanset phone system will do.

2) Your situation would be about the same as after Router so Optimal Setup - viewtopic.php?t=12403 Your DSL modem/router combo probably won't do QoS but other stuff you can follow along and do when you have time.

3) https://my.ooma.com/account/services You should be able to opt out of Premier continuation here.
#100962 by lbmofo
Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:39 pm
If you have the 327w, then, the manual is here: http://www.westell.com/docs/support-doc ... _06_ug.pdf

Look at Page 110 for related info.

I'd do:

Check QOS Enable
Check QOS Filter Enable
Move the Classification to Assured Forwarding X (X is the ethernet port your Ooma is plugged into, port 1, 2, 3, or 4)
Leave the rest at default.
#100964 by 1freespirit
Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:24 pm
Wow Thanks your the greatest!!!! :D

I guess now will give Ooma a month to see how the service goes before I port my number. So far I have been VERY pleased and hope it goes fine.

I have tried MagicJack (Prior to the magicjack plus - I have not tried the plus version) and was not happy with Magic. I have also tried NetDuo and was not happy with that either. With both of those other options It was immediate there was "sound quality issues". With Ooma so far I have not noticed the problems I had with the other 2 vendors.

I so cannot wait to disconnect my home phone and be done with it.. and all the surcharges and fee's, that go along with it.
I more then likely will stay with Ooma Premier once the trial is done as I like the added features.

Thank you again.. for your responses. It has truely helped!
Have a nice evening or day - whatever the time might be where you are located.

Laurie
#102023 by lbmofo
Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:03 pm
nabril wrote:I hooked my Telo this past Saturday, and my Panasonic DECT 6.0 cordless phone (4 handsets), and they sound fine. I did not touch anything on my router, and I have QOS enabled.

You have your Ooma connected to the router? Not doing anything further and having Ooma work fine is the norm but if you have time, check this out for optimal performance: viewtopic.php?t=12403

From your note, it seems you don't have access to the modem but your router is connected directly to the wall (ethernet port with internet access)? Therfore, your Ooma must be connected to the router. In this case, just go into Ooma device (setup.ooma.com) and disable Ooma QoS (don't really need to, not a must; but don't connect anything to the Ooma "home internet" port after you are done with setup.ooma.com). Then, go into your router and give your Ooma highest priority (router's QoS usually does it by MAC address, IP address or Port #).
#102140 by nabril
Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:18 am
lbmofo wrote:
nabril wrote:I hooked my Telo this past Saturday, and my Panasonic DECT 6.0 cordless phone (4 handsets), and they sound fine. I did not touch anything on my router, and I have QOS enabled.

You have your Ooma connected to the router? Not doing anything further and having Ooma work fine is the norm but if you have time, check this out for optimal performance: viewtopic.php?t=12403

From your note, it seems you don't have access to the modem but your router is connected directly to the wall (ethernet port with internet access)? Therfore, your Ooma must be connected to the router. In this case, just go into Ooma device (setup.ooma.com) and disable Ooma QoS (don't really need to, not a must; but don't connect anything to the Ooma "home internet" port after you are done with setup.ooma.com). Then, go into your router and give your Ooma highest priority (router's QoS usually does it by MAC address, IP address or Port #).

lnmofo-----sorry to hijack this thread. I sent you an email from inside this forum, but I see you respond in this thread, so I continue. My ATT setup does not require a DSL modem; they have fiber to the curb, and then they come into my house (or so I've been told). I have an ethernet wall jack, and my router plugs directly into it. I will follow your recommendations.

Thank you.