This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#99711 by thunderbird
Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:01 pm
jblock312 wrote:Not sure this is related to 60080 update, but today I had trouble calling 2 different cell numbers.
Also, fax takes a couple of tries now.

Did you do an Ooma Telo reboot after firmware 60080 was downloaded to your Ooma Telo. I usually do a reboot after a new firmware was installed in my Ooma Telo. It seems like it corrects many small problems.
#99735 by jblock312
Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:11 am
Did you do an Ooma Telo reboot after firmware 60080 was downloaded to your Ooma Telo. I usually do a reboot after a new firmware was installed in my Ooma Telo. It seems like it corrects many small problems.

thunderbird

Never really had to do that before.
I'll see if that helps. Thanks!
#99893 by rodnw
Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:51 am
On Wednesday of last week all calls to my main number and 2nd line (premier) started going directly into voicemail without ringing the phones. I talked to Ooma and they said they flipped a switch but now no matter which line you call both the main and 2nd phone lines ring at the same time and you can answer the calls on either line no matter which number is being dialed. Phone calls to the 2nd line all end up in my main number voicemail. Today voicemail is no longer working as the phones just ring and ring with no voicemail pickup. Also the calls are no longer being forwarded to my cell phone. Rebooting the telo by leaving it unplugged overnight hasn't improved any of the issues (customer service asked me to try it). Any suggestions?
#99901 by rpiotro
Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:53 am
According to the release notes;

*] Add option to disable the DECT transmitter [6891]

Where is that option. I could use that.
#99905 by WJBertrand
Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:14 pm
What does disabling the DECT transmitter mean? Seems like I received the update last night as my Telo went off line, rebooted itself (red flower blinking) and then came back up again. When I checked the firmware version it was 60080. Where are the release notes for this update?
#99906 by thunderbird
Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:16 pm
WJBertrand wrote:What does disabling the DECT transmitter mean? Seems like I received the update last night as my Telo went off line, rebooted itself (red flower blinking) and then came back up again. When I checked the firmware version it was 60080. Where are the release notes for this update?

The DECT Transmitter will be used for the new HD2 handset and other devices.
#99915 by murphy
Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:41 pm
WJBertrand wrote:What does disabling the DECT transmitter mean?

Disabling the DECT transmitter means it is turned off and no longer transmits.
If you only have the Telo base and no Telo handsets it is pointless to have the DECT transmitter enabled.
Also someone reported taking a Telo to a country where the DECT frequency is used for a different service. He was required to disable the DECT transmitter before the Telo could be used in that country.
#99925 by WJBertrand
Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:34 pm
murphy wrote:
WJBertrand wrote:What does disabling the DECT transmitter mean?

Disabling the DECT transmitter means it is turned off and no longer transmits.
If you only have the Telo base and no Telo handsets it is pointless to have the DECT transmitter enabled.
Also someone reported taking a Telo to a country where the DECT frequency is used for a different service. He was required to disable the DECT transmitter before the Telo could be used in that country.

Thanks, is the default configuration set to transmit? If so disabling it is I assume accessible via the set up menu? I wonder if leaving it on transmit could cause problems/interference with my Panasonic DECT 6.0 Plus phones?