This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#98732 by thunderbird
Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:19 pm
Aug 06, 2012
New Ooma Telo Firmware 60118 Release Notes are located at:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14155&start=0

This post is a place to list problems and comments, for Ooma Telo Firmware release 60118, after it has been pushed out to your Ooma Telo during, the next couple of weeks.

You can dial *#*#001 to hear the Ooma Telo speaker, speak the current version of Firmware installed in your Ooma Telo.
Last edited by thunderbird on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
#98771 by Leeway
Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:07 pm
vidan wrote:That does not work

Sure it does, let me rephrase it for you in case it is not clear on your monitor. It might look like a period.

Dial asterisk - pound sign - asterisk - pound sign - zero - zero - one

Donna ;)
#98799 by Leeway
Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:11 pm
You need to wait. Ooma is not functioning at the moment. They are working on it. Give it some time and make sure you have a dial tone first. It might take a little while.
#99225 by bobbo
Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:05 am
So I have two telos. One has firmware version 52474 and the other 60080. Spoke to a level II rep today (surprise... I'm having call completion, quality & drop issues) and also engaged her in a firmware discussion. She claims firmware updates are done automatically from Ooma to the device. Nothing the user can do. I asked then why I have a difference in my two telos and could she send an update through for at least the older firmware. She said the hardware was the factor (although they look identical). The older firmware is on a telo with a separate phone and wall port so I'm assuming it cannot be updated through the network perhaps because it is an earlier model, although she hedged and said it wasn't necessary. The other tell has one phone port only. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? I'd sure like to get this stuff working properly but right now it's a long way from reliable POTS.
#99226 by aicitman
Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:27 am
bobbo wrote:So I have two telos. One has firmware version 52474 and the other 60080. Spoke to a level II rep today (surprise... I'm having call completion, quality & drop issues) and also engaged her in a firmware discussion. She claims firmware updates are done automatically from Ooma to the device. Nothing the user can do. I asked then why I have a difference in my two telos and could she send an update through for at least the older firmware. She said the hardware was the factor (although they look identical). The older firmware is on a telo with a separate phone and wall port so I'm assuming it cannot be updated through the network perhaps because it is an earlier model, although she hedged and said it wasn't necessary. The other tell has one phone port only. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? I'd sure like to get this stuff working properly but right now it's a long way from reliable POTS.

The way ooma updates work are similar to how a phone call comes in. They call your device, but instead of telling it the caller-id information, it tells it to update itself. Technically they could do everyone at the same time, but to ease the load on the server, they spread it over a week or so. (I used to think they gave it out in the order the devices were manufactured, but your case proves that the order is somewhat random.) As per the difference in hardware, the only difference is the lack of port, the software is the exact same. In fact, if you access the "setup.ooma.com" page on a device that doesn't have a line port, there will be an error of no phone line in the line port. So the updated firmware applies to both editions of the telo. (although they are not compatible with the hub)
#99227 by bobbo
Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:35 am
I wonder then why she didn't blow in an update while I was on the phone with her (different line so the interruption wouldn't be an issue). She access the telo and restarted it remotely.