This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#97301 by NB2A
Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:47 pm
I have been getting more and more noise on calls and even cannot dial certain numbers that work using other cable line I have.
Can someone tell me why please?
#97304 by thunderbird
Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:17 pm
NB2A wrote:I have been getting more and more noise on calls and even cannot dial certain numbers that work using other cable line I have.

Maybe the phone that you are using is starting to fail. Remove that phone and test with a corded phone connected to your Ooma device.

Maybe your Ooma device is postioned to close to electronic or electical devices. Position the Ooma device there to four feet away from any electronic or electrial device and test.
#97310 by NB2A
Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:36 am
It is on even hardwired phones and no electronic devices have been changed either
That does also not explain why the working number I call via Ooma line is coming up with a non working number message
The number in question gets the same message when calling me also
Thanks anyway

thunderbird wrote:
NB2A wrote:I have been getting more and more noise on calls and even cannot dial certain numbers that work using other cable line I have.

Maybe the phone that you are using is starting to fail. Remove that phone and test with a corded phone connected to your Ooma device.

Maybe your Ooma device is postioned to close to electronic or electical devices. Position the Ooma device there to four feet away from any electronic or electrial device and test.
#97314 by thunderbird
Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:58 am
NB2A wrote:It is on even hardwired phones and no electronic devices have been changed either
That does also not explain why the working number I call via Ooma line is coming up with a non working number message
The number in question gets the same message when calling me also
Thanks anyway

When calling out and have a problem with a certain number, if you are using an Ooma Telo, try dialing *98 or *96 before the number.

If you are using an Ooma Hub, try dialing with *99 before the number.

Example: *98-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

In either case, contact Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST