This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#96145 by dang10
Wed May 23, 2012 11:30 am
This started a couple of weeks ago. When I talk on any of my phones, the other party will hear some words but then a blip followed by more words. Sounds like the conversation is being interrupted. Oddly, I can hear them the whole time clearly. I've also called my home from work and hear exactly what other callers have told me that they've heard. My wife will be talking and I'll have to continually ask her to repeat what she was saying because every few words or sentences, the audio blips out. However, she can hear me perfectly.

I have Comcast Cable service and my speeds are pretty fast with no Internet issues that I know of. I have the wireless dongle on my Ooma. Set up is Modem to Wireless Router to Ooma wirelessly.

Any ideas where to start troubleshooting?
#96150 by thunderbird
Wed May 23, 2012 11:56 am
dang10 wrote:This started a couple of weeks ago. When I talk on any of my phones, the other party will hear some words but then a blip followed by more words. Sounds like the conversation is being interrupted. Oddly, I can hear them the whole time clearly. I've also called my home from work and hear exactly what other callers have told me that they've heard. My wife will be talking and I'll have to continually ask her to repeat what she was saying because every few words or sentences, the audio blips out. However, she can hear me perfectly.

I have Comcast Cable service and my speeds are pretty fast with no Internet issues that I know of. I have the wireless dongle on my Ooma. Set up is Modem to Wireless Router to Ooma wirelessly.

Any ideas where to start troubleshooting?

If your setup is Modem-Ooma-Router, In Ooma Setup, Advanced page, set the Upstream Internet Speed (kbps): to a higher value. Then test.
#96152 by thunderbird
Wed May 23, 2012 12:06 pm
lbmofo wrote:dang10's setup is via wireless dongle.

I see that now.
In Ooma Setup, Advanced page, set the Upstream and downstream Internet Speeds (kbps): both to zero. Then test.

If that doesn't work, In Ooma Setup, Advanced page, set the Upstream Internet Speed (kbps): to a higher value then your measured upload speed as measured by http://www.phonepower.com/speedtest . Then test.