This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#95947 by piconut
Thu May 17, 2012 2:40 pm
I have my Ooma Telo setup behind my Linksys router and I would like to add QoS to the Telo but I don't know which MAC address to use. The MAC address on the bottom of the Telo ends in 42 but when I look at the MAC addresses of all the devices attached to my router, the router interface shows the device with a MAC address that ends in 43. Apparently the "Internet Port" MAC address ends in 43 and the "Network port" ends in 42. So which Mac Address do I use to add QoS (using my Linksys router)?
#95948 by murphy
Thu May 17, 2012 3:13 pm
piconut wrote:I have my Ooma Telo setup behind my Linksys router and I would like to add QoS to the Telo but I don't know which MAC address to use. The MAC address on the bottom of the Telo ends in 42 but when I look at the MAC addresses of all the devices attached to my router, the router interface shows the device with a MAC address that ends in 43. Apparently the "Internet Port" MAC address ends in 43 and the "Network port" ends in 42. So which Mac Address do I use to add QoS (using my Linksys router)?

The internet port 43.
#96534 by freelandm
Wed May 30, 2012 9:53 pm
Yes, use the MAC address that your router sees. I had the same issue with my PhonePower device when I tried it last month and their tech support told me it is normal for the MAC address your router sees to be off by 1 from the label on the VoIP device.

By the way, the Ooma Telo setup shows the Telo between the cable/DSL modem and the router. If you attach the Telo after the router (like I have, becuse my router is in a closet and I want my Telo in my office where I can see it), then you can achive the same net effect by configuring your router to put the Telo in the DMZ. That's essentially telling the router to allow the Telo to bypass the router and connect directly to the internet.
#96563 by highq
Thu May 31, 2012 2:21 pm
".... configuring your router to put the Telo in the DMZ. That's essentially telling the router to allow the Telo to bypass the router and connect directly to the internet."

Really? How does the Telo bypass the router if it's linked to it (and to nowhere else) by an ethernet cable?