This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#95790 by mike44
Fri May 11, 2012 7:50 pm
Compare to the landline it replaced, the audio volume on my ooma is pretty low. Have to crank the phone volume all the way up. Is there an adjustment for this?
#95791 by thunderbird
Sat May 12, 2012 3:21 am
mike44 wrote:Compare to the landline it replaced, the audio volume on my ooma is pretty low. Have to crank the phone volume all the way up. Is there an adjustment for this?

There is a volume control on the face of the Ooma Telo. But this volume control doesn't control the phone's volume. Only the volume when you play voicemails using the controls on the face of the Ooma Telo, and when you push the buttons on the face of the Ooma Telo.

Try using a different phone, making and receiving calls, and see if there is a difference.
#95795 by mike44
Sat May 12, 2012 7:21 am
No luck. Volume is low no matter what phone I plug into the Ooma. Any other way to control this? Perhaps an internal setup menu of some kind accessibke by URL?
---

thunderbird wrote:
mike44 wrote:Compare to the landline it replaced, the audio volume on my ooma is pretty low. Have to crank the phone volume all the way up. Is there an adjustment for this?

There is a volume control on the face of the Ooma Telo. But this volume control doesn't control the phone's volume. Only the volume when you play voicemails using the controls on the face of the Ooma Telo, and when you push the buttons on the face of the Ooma Telo.

Try using a different phone, making and receiving calls, and see if there is a difference.
#95797 by thunderbird
Sat May 12, 2012 8:44 am
mike44 wrote:No luck. Volume is low no matter what phone I plug into the Ooma. Any other way to control this? Perhaps an internal setup menu of some kind accessibke by URL?
---

thunderbird wrote:

Try a corded phone that is not part of a set (like a wireless phone set).

If that doesn't help, you may have a defective Ooma Telo. If your Ooma Telo is within the one year warranty period, contact Ooma Customer Suppport. Ooma will send a replacement Ooma Telo shipping prepaid. They will also send a prepaid shipping label to return the defective unit.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST